The Foundation is seeking a Finance Controller to join the team. The office is in the Arts District, one of the trendiest neighborhoods in Downtown L.A.; this position will report directly to the CFO. The Financial Controller position is accountable for managing the direct reports of the accounting department. This includes producing monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk. The ideal candidate will be comfortable with various topics ranging from taxes, audits, cash flow, insurance, and managing multiple entities or brands. In addition, this role must be a key leader to growing and developing the Accounting and Finance team, so strong interpersonal skills are needed. This is a hands-on role.
- Developing and maintaining internal control guidelines, policies, and procedures for budget accounting, cash and credit management, administration, and other activities.
- Oversee both A/P and A/R (familiarity with factoring is a plus).
- Perform hands-on analysis, including account reconciliations, research, and technical accounting.
- Ensuring compliance with state and federal regulatory requirements and professional standards.
- Review and verify accuracy of Balance Sheet, Income Statement and Cash Flow.
- Preparing and presenting managerial accounting reports, risk analyses, and KPIs.
- The primary point of contact for auditors and accountants.
- Lead initiatives with other departments to reflect accurate financials and support best practices.
- Providing support to management, particularly in commercial and financial matters.
- Ensure compliance with local, state, and federal government reporting and tax requirements.
- Full ownership of the company general ledger.
- Experience in wholesale distribution, retail, or e-commerce
- Minimum 4+ years experience as a Controller
- Must have experience with fashion, consumer product goods, or footwear/apparel.
- Cost Accounting is a must
- Proven leadership skills
- Strong understanding of US GAAP
- ERP Experience with Oracle NetSuite
- SAP Business One
- Microsoft Dynamics A.X. or equivalent
- Full Audited Financials