Translator and Copywriter - Germany | part time (m/f/x)
Carhartt WIP is part of the Work In Progress Holding AG. Our family-owned business group started as a licensee and European distributor of the US workwear manufacturer Carhartt in the early 1990s. Since then, it develops its own collections based on workwear originals.
Carhartt Work In Progress aims to continuously progress and evolve, without ever losing sight of its origins. Over the course of the past two decades, our business has developed organically, along with its customers, the culture that surrounds the brand, and its employees who have helped shape what Carhartt WIP is today.
We´re looking for you as a Translator and Copywriter in part time (m/f/x)
In your job as part-time translator and copywriter, you will be responsible for translating copy from English into German for Carhartt WIP’s ecommerce platform, social media, and PR channels.
- Translating product copy from English into German, ensuring the same detail and tonality of the original copy.
- Translating newsletter, SEO, and social media copy for our German-speaking audience.
- Writing original copy for localized social media channels and other marketing purposes specific to Germany
- Fluent in both English and German.
- Excellent written German.
- An understanding of fashion, art, music, culture, and how it relates to Carhartt WIP.
- Prior experience of writing about clothing and a detailed understanding of product.
- The ability to translate the key information and tonality of original English copy in a way that reads well for a German audience.
- The ability to consistently meet deadlines.
- Good organizational skills and the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Prior experience in e-commerce is beneficial.
Berlin (Kreuzberg) / Germany