Network Delivery Engineer
- Leeds, United Kingdom
- Closing date
- 17 Mar 2023
Founded in 1856, Burberry today remains quintessentially British, with outerwear at its core. Digital luxury positioning and intensive focus on design innovation, quality and heritage icons ensure continued brand purity and relevance globally across genders and generations. Burberry believes that in order to be a great brand it must also be a great company and constantly leverages the energy of its compassionate and creative thinking culture to continually innovate and drive the brand forward. Headquartered in London, Burberry is a design, marketing and retail led business with a global reputation for innovative product design, digital marketing initiatives and dynamic retail strategies.
The Network Delivery Engineer will be responsible for supporting a number of key projects in the business. This is a key role within the delivery team of our Global Network Organisation which will work closely with both our project management and architecture functions to ensure deliverables are met.
- Work closely with our Network Architects to support the process of defining network requirements based on business requests
- Support the design process by working closely with the Architects whilst also taking lead on some initiatives
- Work in partnership with our managed network service providers to act as a conduit between the Burberry business and our trusted partners.
- Ensure you fully understand the scope, risks and activities of project tasks allocated to yourself
- Own, plan and deliver those network requirements for any given project you are assigned to.
- Manage multiple deliveries concurrently whilst remaining focused and maintaining a meticulous eye for detail
- Keep the Project Manager informed of any project issues, where required discuss and work with other members of Delivery team to find a solution.
- Recognise situations where additional support or escalation is required
- Where relevant provide input into Status reports, Project Plans, RAID logs, Test Plans & Technical documents
- Work with the network operations teams to ensure network projects/ solutions are transitioned into the run environment, in line with service requirements
- The global nature of Burberry's business does means that on occasions there will be a need to work pre-planned in unsociable hours.
- Support the ongoing development of the wider teams objectives
- Extensive experience working within the network operations and delivery space
- Experience in working with managed network service providers and other external 3rd Parties.
- Ability to provide and maintain detailed documentation on each project.
EXTENSIVE IT NETWORKS EXPERIENCE TO INCLUDE:
- Configuration, implementation and support of enterprise networks with diverse solutions from multiple vendors
- VPN configuration - DMVPN, IPsec, PPTP, L2TP.
- Expert knowledge of network technologies and their application across WAN, LAN, Wireless, Cloud-based VoIP, Voice, Network Security and Software Defined networks
- Experience with MPLS design, IP environments, firewalls, switching, routing, design redundancy, Cisco technologies, Load balancers, BGP, OSPF, ISIS, EIGRP, STP, VLANs, Dot1q, QinQ, VPLS (E-Lan), E-Line, DSL, Group protocols (VRRP, HSRP), understanding of access technologies (E1, Fibre, etc.)
NETWORK HARDWARE/ SOFWARE TECHNOLOGIES KNOWLEDGE:
- F5 Big IP LTM
- Fortinet Next Generation Firewalls
- Cisco switches and routers (Pref 4k)
- Cisco Wireless LAN controllers, Access Points
- Cisco Prime monitoring tools
- Knowledge of SolarWinds, WhatsUp Gold, Nagios, ThousandEyes monitoring solutions
- Cisco ASA (525X)
- ZScaler and/or Scansafe Cloud security solutions
- Cisco Integrated Services Engine (ISE)
- Bluecat IP address Management
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Posting Notes: United Kingdom || Not Applicable || Leeds || IT || ICS OPERATIONS & EMPLOYEE || n/a ||
Founded in 1856, Burberry today remains quintessentially British, with outerwear at its core. Digital luxury positioning and intensive focus on design innovation, quality and heritage icons of the trench coat, trademark check and Prorsum knight, ensure continued brand purity and relevance globally across genders and generations.
At Burberry, every individual, every team and every function, shares an incredible passion for the brand and is guided by a ‘brand-first’ mind-set. Decisions are evaluated through the lens of the long-term health and vitality of the Burberry brand.
Burberry believes that in order to be a great brand it must also be a great company. Inspired by three Core Values - Protect, Explore, Inspire - rooted in the brand’s heritage and continually informing its guiding principles, Burberry leverages its compassionate and creative thinking culture to continually innovate and drive the brand forward.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert