Procurement Operations Administrator
At Burberry, we believe creativity opens spaces. Our purpose is to unlock the power of imagination to push boundaries and open new possibilities for our people, our customers and our communities. This is the core belief that has guided Burberry since it was founded in 1856 and is central to how we operate as a company today.
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to being a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities.
The Procurement PO Administrator will be responsible for the approval and management of purchase orders globally, they will play an integral part of the purchasing process and will be responsible for providing training where required to support the wider business. Alongside this, they will help to ensure compliance and best practices and will act as a subject matter expert on the end to end Purchase to Pay process, proactively identifying and implementing process improvements. This is a great opportunity for someone who is a confident communicator with Procurement experience.
• There are a number of different key responsibilities within the Procurement PO Administrator role, which are outlined below:
Procurement PO Administrator
• Reviewing, checking and Approving PRs
• Assisting the business with managing their purchase orders (Good Receipting, PO amendments)
• Responsible for managing guidance on end to end purchase to pay process.
• Assisting in virtual and face to face training sessions with buyers on using SAP/Ariba
• Supporting the business with their invoice queries.
• Managing relationships with Suppliers and Internal Stakeholders to ensure smooth end to end process
• Actively involved in improvement of Process's (working with the business to drive efficiencies)
• Support team members to proactively identify and deliver process and system improvements
• Undertake knowledge sharing and training within your own team and the wider business.
• Assist in driving compliance by ensuring that Procurement policies, procedures and methodologies are being followed
• Partner with business & Finance on a regular basis to ensure continuous process improvement
• Provide 2nd Line support to buyers
• Apply understanding of assigned business process to identify gaps and propose continuous improvement measures
• Work closely with the process owner and team lead to understand root causes and represent process procedures, practicalities and exceptions
Qualifications & Experience
• Degree level or equivalent
• Minimum 2 years of experience in Procurement
• Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to inspire trust and confidence Proficiency with Word, Excel, PowerPoint required
• Experience in SAP (or similar)
• High level of competence in MS Office products (Word, Excel)
• Knowledge of other Procurement systems (including Ariba Guided Buying, SAP and Business Warehouse Reporting Tools)
• Good commercial awareness with an understanding of the retail industry
• Experience in using/creating purchase orders
• Ability to take ownership of the completion of discrete tasks as well as identifying issues and potential resolution as part of the completion
• Well organised and able to prioritise tasks, using judgement to manage/escalate issues
• Superior ability to communicate both orally and in writing
• Good interpersonal/stakeholder management skills and ability to interact at all levels
• Develops effective peer & working relationships within/across teams
• Ability to complete assigned tasks error free, with limited supervision and within agreed timeline
• Pragmatic with a logical and flexible approach to problem resolution
• Ability to adopt a customer-centric approach ensuring that the business stakeholders are satisfied with the service delivered
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Posting Notes: United Kingdom || Not Applicable || Leeds || FINANCE & OPERATIONS || FINANCE SHARED SERVICES || n/a ||