Lead and drive collaboration across teams to update the end-to-end sourcing costing process, and support defining and implementing new ways of working in collaboration with EU Brand Apparel teams and the connected SVC regional functions. The Director of Costing will bring experience in costing, analytics, commodity forecasting, and process creation, and will provide senior leadership and x-functional brand teams with cost guidance and clear recommendations to unlock value. PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES/ACCOUNTABILITIES
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Costing process: Develop an end-to-end costing process for PVH Europe Apparel in collaboration with the Amsterdam divisions and RM functions, inclusive of systems implementations. Build AUC/AUR process in partnership with the different regional stakeholders.
- Profitability & mitigation : Identify cost savings initiatives factoring in impact from sourcing strategy shifts, manufacturing practices, duty landscape, macro-economic variables, payment terms, logistics models, and business and consumer needs.
- Purchasing guidance: Provide PVH EU level guidance in partnership w/ key functions (including the NA Cost Optimization team) on commodities and cost inputs, and recommendations on purchasing practices to Product Development, Raw Materials, and Sourcing Merchandising teams
- Sourcing Strategy : Develop cost impact simulations of potential sourcing decisions and shifts on overall cost base and profitability based on the sourcing and make recommendations to teams
- Reporting: Support developing reporting and dashboards to drive discussions with Supply and Finance Leadership on cost benefits realized
- Connectivity & upskilling : Foster connectivity, drive information sharing and training across global teams on Costing approach and ways of working
- Cost Savings Log: Execute the process that captures and reports cost savings attributable to Supply teams' actions and roll-out
- Cost discussions : Provide fact-based input and recommendations supporting Sourcing teams in discussions with suppliers on key programs, categories and/or locations
- Connect into Finance : Partner with Finance and divisional leads to understand P&L and where cost savings are realized
- Analytics : Provide transparency into product cost structure and insights on cost drivers. Partner with TPG to develop analytical tools enabling cost visibility
- Bachelor's Degree (or higher) required.
- Graduate or professional qualifications in a related area of study are preferred.
- LEAN, Six Sigma Certification preferred
- MBA or Master Degree in Business a plus
- 10+ years experience in apparel and textile manufacturing, sourcing, or retail industry with costing or industrial engineering related areas required.
- Previous experience in managing and implementing process or efficiency improvement projects and initiatives preferred.
- Data and analytics related experience and/or certifications preferred.
- Self-motivated with strong influence leadership and negotiation skills
- Ability to influence others cross functionally including senior leadership
- Excellent facilitation, leadership, problem solving, and analytical skills.
- Effective at crafting presentation messaging, format, and flow
- Excellent, articulate, and detailed communication skills (verbal and written)
- Strong ability to maintain poise and encourage e positive outlook during times of rapid change and uncertainty
- Experience with analytics, modeling, and simulation.
- Strong analytical, reasoning, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to create and operationalize data-driven processes.
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- Excellent commercial and financial acumen.
- Values of integrity and adherence to the highest ethical standards are non-negotiable