Product Development Assistant
Department: Product Development
Reports to: Men’s Senior Product Developer
- Every day the energy, creativity and passion of Manolo permeates through our business.
- We believe in the artist and the artisan; we are innovative while still protecting our heritage.
- We strive for timeless beauty and quality craftmanship.
- We celebrate curiosity and believe in working proactively and being solution focused.
- We believe in upholding family values; we treat everyone with honesty, respect and kindness while nurturing our teams to deliver excellence.
- We believe in making people smile.
To give support to the Men’s Senior Product Developer in delivering the end to end development process with regards to Men’s collection, Special Projects, VIP & Special Orders, Designer Collaborations. Upload and maintain all data related to the products from Collection Line Building to Market opening in a timely manner. The nature of this role also requires some physical strength.
- Create and manage labels for samples
- Maintain up-to-date sample tracker
- Liaising with vendors on shipments, tracking and monitoring deliveries to ensure they arrive on time
- Log and photograph samples
- Upload sample images in PLM system
- Liaise with external Graphic Designer to instruct retouching of images for market
- Upload retouched images into the PLM system
- Review PLM to ensure product meets BOM and visual expectations
- Responsible for shipments of prototypes and samples to and from the Italian suppliers and US office
- Support with product and material information (material and product compositions, HS codes, material tech sheets upload)
- Responsible for PLM management including style set-up for all styles by creating and maintaining BOM’s, updating style information and changes as necessary, all sample comments, and approvals
- Sample management, including lending samples externally and internally but also re-labelling end of season and fit samples and shipping them to warehouse
- Administrative support to the Men’s Senior Product Developer including supporting with prepping for meetings, shipping & ad hoc seasonal activities
- Responsible for creating master seasonal and classic colour cards
- Organising, filing, and archiving samples, swatches and raw materials
- Inputting data and updating PLM, ensuring accuracy is maintained throughout the collection building
- Ensure that departmental data is accurate and kept up to date in the system database
- Create product/colour records and relevant BOMs in the PLM system
- Coordinate with Men’s Senior Product Developer and Merchandising team to ensure that all production requirements such as colours materials and styles are met
- Carryover classic styles in PLM system
- Liaise with all parties involved in the process to ensure timings are respected
- Check all technical specs with Men’s Senior Product Developer to ensure that they are correct and approved for production
- Liaise with suppliers and request material and accessory technical sheets, composition, prices, MOQ
- Insert all material and accessory information in PLM system
- Create material orders and log them in material tracker
- Keep material tracker up to date
- Give support to the Men’s Senior Product Developer with regards to the Special Projects / VIP – Special Orders / Designer Collaborations
Any other tasks as requested.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Italian language skills is required
- Must have a sense of urgency
- Ability to positively collaborate with all teams and supervisors
- Possess the ability to multi-task and react to change
- Strong attention to detail
- Good communication skills, able to effectively share information with the team in a clear, concise way
- Strong organisational skills
- Ability to prioritise tasks, and ensure delivery of results within tight deadlines
- Experience with large volumes of data entry, ensuring complete detail and accuracy even when working at speed
- Must have a strong work ethic and motivation to learn
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Excel. PLM skills would be useful
- 1-2 year experience in Product Development
- Highly proficient in MS Office and PLM
- Excellence: High level of finesse and excellence required in delivery of all tasks