SKIMS is a solutions-oriented brand creating the future of underwear, shapewear and loungewear.
We’re disrupting the industry with our game-changing product and culturally driven creative, and are looking for a Senior Merchant to join us in building the next generation of intimates.
The Merchant position is responsible for developing and executing merchandising strategies that ensure the continued growth of the SKIMS business.
· Lead Intimates product assortment strategy by influencing decisions throughout the product life cycle—from design concept, pre-season planning and line architecture to assortment adoption and launch performance.
- Partner with Director of Merchandising to create and implement seasonal line plans to achieve business goals; develop product strategies that meet sales, margin targets, and align to the long-range company strategy.
- Track business performance—identify risks and opportunities by strategically reacting to current and go-forward business. Confidently recommend the optimal product positioning strategies to Design and Marketing.
- Provide thorough and meaningful analysis of sales channels and effectively articulate learnings to management and cross-functional partners; review weekly & monthly financials, identifying actions necessary to achieve targets and KPIs.
- Analyze sales on a weekly basis to gain comprehensive understanding of the state of the business and make recommendations to drive business growth. Perform regular hind-sighting on collections to inform future strategies.
- Manage product pricing that aligns with brand positioning within wholesale & competitive retail market(s).
- Work with Merchandise Planning to drive strategies that maximize key areas of the business.
- Participate and present in monthly and quarterly business reviews. Update the design and cross-functional partners on product sales. Forecast on monthly basis for new and carry over businesses. Analyze rate of sales, inventory, and stock on order to determine initial and/or reorder quantities.
- Continuously assess consumer targets to inform future product assortment strategies and innovation opportunities. Maintain and demonstrate expert knowledge of customer base through strong KPI metric analysis
- Participate in fit sessions and reviewing product details to ensure execution meets design aesthetic and remains commercially viable
- Create and conduct seasonal product knowledge and line reviews with all Wholesale, Ecommerce and Marketing teams.
- Collaborate with Ecommerce partners to ensure smooth launch of products/collections and maintenance of in-stock product merchandising
- Be an expert in the industry, one who understands intimate product categories with a proactive mindset and desires the opportunity to grow.
- Mentor and manage one or more coordinator, associate or merchant(s). Build effective cross functional relationships.
- Be a hands-on team member that can positively impact and improve process. Oversee product data integrity in merchant systems and processes.
- 5-7 years of experience in Product or Merchandising
- Bachelor’s or 4-year degree
- Skilled at building assortments for specific consumers
- Experience in gathering and articulating consumer insights
- Knowledge in wholesale and retail fashion landscape