Veronica Beard is looking for an Assistant Buyer to support the ongoing expansion and continued success of the DTC business. This person will collaborate with the Buyer to oversee total product life cycle and be responsible for product buys, initial allocation strategy, replenishment strategy, RTVs/Transfers, markdown management, etc.
- Weekly, seasonal, and ad hoc reporting analysis of Veronica Beard sales performance.
- Recap delivery and classification selling to understand nuances by location and identify opportunities and /or risks for the business.
- Effectively communicate key learnings and action plans to the team.
- Inventory management in collaboration with Buyer and Assistant Planner.
- Align on initial allocation strategy and weekly replenishment strategy.
- Partner monthly with Buyer on transfers/RTV requests
- Support the Buyer in market, establishing tiering strategies, style rankings and depth investments by style based on historical selling information
- Manage style maintenance in our back-office POS
- Assist in product pulls/organization for new store openings
- Maintain market awareness through store visits, competitor shopping and product / pricing analysis.
- Build effective relationships with cross-functional partners and store teams.
- Support all departments as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 1-2 years of experience in buying, planning and/or merchandising
- Advanced excel skills
- Comprehensive understanding of retail math
- Strong understanding of market trends with a passion for product assortments
- Detail oriented, organized, and able to multi-task while taking initiative and being accountable for work
- Entrepreneurial in spirit and flexible to deadline demands
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
At Veronica Beard, we are committed to creating and maintaining a workplace where every single employee can thrive and feel valued. As a company, we firmly believe that there is strength in diversity. We seek to recruit talent from a variety of perspectives and backgrounds and are actively seeking candidates with a dedication to advancing equity, inclusion, and racial and social justice in their work.
Veronica Beard is committed to an environment of mutual respect and is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer. No employee or applicant is discriminated against because of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state, or local protected class.