This role will hold responsibility of both defining and executing the product merchandising strategy and ensuring seamless delivery aligned with the brand's creative direction, quality standards, and global market needs. The Merchandiser plays a key role in partnering with the Design Team and Product Development department to achieve the brand's growth ambition and profit margins for the categories.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible for developing a global product strategy for the categories assigned in line with objectives defined by the Merchandising Director and aligned with the Creative Director.
- Analyze market trends and evaluate the lifestyle, behavior, and spending capacity of luxury consumers to inform the product collection strategy while identifying opportunities for growth.
- Undertake competitive analysis (product mix and pricing), global sales analysis (sell-in and sell-out performance) and develop a pricing strategy aligned with the findings for the different markets.
- Develop the "merchandising grid" for the category, defining the offer structure for the collection in terms of breadth, depth, and the positioning of each relevant product.
- Support and collaborate with the Design Team in the development of collections, to find the optimal balance between design vision and commercial goals, accommodating for local regional needs.
- Partner with the Head of Buying to identify carryover product lists, potential best sellers, and relevant mark-downs, monitor replenishment of continuative items.
- Develop collection presentations to explain the collection inspiration, direction, and relevant information to help promote sales and convey the craftsmanship of the product.
- Post sales campaign reporting: Gather and analyze sell-in comments through hind sighting and feedback from global cross-functional partners.
- Prepare and launch the sales periods: Style creation, Collection Edit, Pricing, and Photoshoot management for preparing the Le New Black ordering system.
- Construct the product mix during the showroom sales according to Image and Core Offer recommendations, order the quantities per store based on the purchasing budgets.
- Orchestrate the planning for new collection launches in stores based on deliveries and of the seasonality of the different markets.
- Train the sales teams on investments, stock issues and Image strategies by way of the information packages and presentations in stores.
- Prepare weekly and monthly reports per collection, per store, per product range and analyze competitive landscape and how it pertains to our business.
- Propose and roll out sales initiatives to enhance the performance by cooperating with several departments: Visual Merchandising, CRM, Press/Image & Retail.
Knowledge, Skills, and Ability Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 2-4 years of Merchandising or product related experience required
- Must have knowledge of the luxury & hype market and possess interest in designer fashion
- Strong communication, presentation and follow up skills required
- Must possess strong teamwork collaboration, interpersonal communication, and excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Detail oriented with strong analytical abilities
- Strong/fluent proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) is a must