Positive Luxury is seeking a proactive, well-organised and driven Management Accountant to deliver critical support to our growing business across finance and operations. You will have ownership of the annual financial planning, production of monthly management accounts and ongoing decision-making support and management of day-to-day finances and cash management. In addition, the company requires improved processes and controls to effectively manage growth and operational support in areas such as legal, payroll and benefits.
This 360° role would suit a keen management accountant looking to build a career within a small but growing team with the flexibility to undertake any task big or small to support business needs. If you have the requisite skills and experience, a passion for luxury and a desire to work in an environment that is both purpose-led and commercial, we want to hear from you.
- In partnership with the CEO, lead the annual budgeting process
- Analyse financial information to assist strategic planning, product & service development and business growth and profitability
- Provide accurate and sound management reporting to assist with key decision making and ongoing performance management / risk mitigation
- Produce financial statements including P&L accounts, cash flows, variance analysis and commentaries
- Be accountable for cash management, including management and processing support for AR/AP, and the production of timely cash flow projections
- Produce month-end and year-end journals
- Prepare monthly and year-end management accounts and support completion of statutory accounts and tax-related materials
- Manage capital expenditure and maintain fixed asset register
- Ensure compliance with all financial regulations
- Review accounting system, processes and policies and improve where necessary to ensure effective financial controls and efficient financial and company-wide operations
- Oversee benefits and compensation programmes and providers
- Oversee sound management of the company’s IP and trademarks
- As part of the company’s expansion plan, establish and manage legal entities and in the Americas and Asia-pacific regions
- Ensure effective client and supplier trading agreements are in place, and that effective third-party legal support is in place where necessary to support a growing global organisation
- Qualified ACCA or CIMA A degree in Accounting or Business (or equivalent qualifications)
- Track record of success within a similar finance role in an SME
- Computer literate with exceptional proficiency in MS Excel
- Previous use of Xero Accounting software desirable
- Demonstrable problem-solving skills
- A curious and positive mindset, with a commitment to continuous improvement
- Strong critical and analytical thinking
- Great interpersonal skills and effective verbal and written communication skills
- Well-organised with an (almost!) obsessive attention to detail
- Flexibility and good time management skills
- Confident, highly approachable and a reliable team player
- Language skills in addition to English are a plus
- Demonstrable interest in sustainability and the luxury industry
COMPENSATION & CULTURE
- Base salary £45K-£60K depending on experience
- Enrolment in the company’s annual incentive scheme
- 22 days holiday minimum, up to 28 days, plus UK bank holidays
- Pension contributions
- Cycle to work and electric car schemes
- Bi-monthly study halls to further your sustainability knowledge
- Monthly town halls & quarterly strategy reviews for transparency on performance and projects
Positive Luxury’s mission is to shape a sustainable future for luxury by redefining the business model and rebuilding consumer trust. Since 2011 we have been helping luxury businesses accelerate adaptation to the new climate economy. Our assessment and certification programme is the only one designed for the specific practices and material risks of the luxury industry. The Butterfly Mark, a trust mark of excellence hard-won by the companies that bear it, is tangible, independent evidence to consumers and other stakeholders that a luxury business is operating in line with the highest standards of sustainability across the entire value chain.
When you join Positive Luxury, you join a small but growing team of luxury and sustainability experts working together to create a culture that values purpose, collaboration, excellence, and optimism above all else. Entering a phase of rapid growth and transformation, Positive Luxury is the ideal environment for those who want to work at the forefront of cultural and economic change. We will encourage you to exercise initiative in an environment where your character as well as your ideas are valued.
EVERYONE IS WELCOME
Positive Luxury is an equal opportunity employer, diverse and inclusive. With ESG at the heart of our business proposition, we are committed to recruiting, employing, training, compensating, and promoting regardless of race, gender, ethnicity, sexuality, national origin, disability, age, and other protected status. We aim to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people work together to make the greatest possible positive impact on nature and society.
To be considered for this role at Positive Luxury you must have a UK passport or be entitled to work and remain in the UK indefinitely. If you require additional equipment or support to participate in the job application or interview process, please let us know by contacting email@example.com.