Senior Graphic Designer
- Full Time
Reporting to the Senior Art Director, you will be leading the graphics team with inspiring creative ideas and a well-rounded skill set, pushing the boundaries of the team’s design output whilst keeping our brand aesthetic top of mind.
Your role and responsibilities
- Working across a wide variety of design assets from printed lookbooks and bespoke landing pages to paid for digital media, delivering impactful and engaging marketing campaigns across multiple touch points.
- Managing a team of talented and enthusiastic graphic designers, giving constructive feedback and objectives to grow and develop the team.
- Upholding a consistent and high standard of quality across the design team’s output, always striving to learn and develop more effective techniques and efficient processes.
- Confidently reviewing and signing off your team’s work as well as outsourced projects, making well-thought-out design decisions and bringing alternative solutions to the table where needed.
- Being a key motivator and source of inspiration for the creative and marketing team with outside-of-the-box thinking and new ideas that feel relevant for the brand, actively contributing to brainstorms and briefings.
- Working with a strategic and commercial mindset where relevant, keeping well informed in customer, creative and product trends to better inform your work and create effective results
- Understanding and working to company-wide briefing processes and asset management, ensuring a good standard of filing and organisation is kept.
- Working closely with the project manager to prioritise workload and organise multiple projects and deadlines between the graphics team.
- Help generate ideas in order to make improvements to current systems and take a proactive approach in implementing those ideas.
- Working closely with other teams across the business (marketing, ecomm, product design, operations) to ensure your designs encompass all relevant objectives within the brief.
- Being a brand guardian for The Fold, working closely with the Senior Art Director and Head of Brand to maintain an authentic brand aesthetic.
- Previous multimedia design experience in a similar business such as ecom or creative agency.
- Advanced technical skills on the Adobe Creative Suite, most importantly InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Experience in creating digital assets on relevant programmes such as Figma or Sketch.
- Motion Design and video editing/animation skills.
- Self-motivated worker with an ambition to make a difference and drive forward exciting creative ideas that feel right for the brand.
- Unprecious, can-do attitude, open to constructive feedback and offering alternative solutions when needed.
- Great time management and ability to prioritise and manage workload within a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Ability to manage, mentor and inspire team members in a positive and constructive manner.
- Good and open communication skills with both immediate team members and the wider team.
- Ability to work efficiently and proactively with a solution-driven approach.
- Confident and articulate presentation skills with the ability to put forward your ideas in their best light to others.
- Collaborative team player, actively contributing to meetings and creative sessions with positive and upbeat energy.
- Ability and willingness to learn new skills and processes quickly.
- Genuine personal interest in fashion editorial, lifestyle and cultural trends with an eye for detail and style.
- Be enthusiastic, proactive, hard-working and conscientious.
- A great team player with a positive, can-do attitude.
- Highly organised, with great multitasking skills.
- Demonstrate meticulous attention to detail.
- Collaborative approach and ability to build relationships across various departments.
- Show excellent ability to communicate effectively and work well in a fun and busy environment.
- Enthusiastic and flexible in response to ever-evolving business and ad-hoc requests and tasks.
- Have a real passion for fashion and design
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment with a can-do attitude.
- Be capable of decision-making and able to use initiative.
- Want to bring whole self to the business to be a problem solver, team player and a supportive attitude to the team.
- Pension Smart Pension.
- 25 days holidays in addition to the usual bank holidays.
- Modern West London office with complimentary drinks and fresh fruit.
- Inspiring Q&A talks with leading professionals.
- A Fold Gift card twice a year. (After successful completion of probationary period)
- The staff discount policy includes an allowance to spend per season and 50% off the full retail price.
- A National Art Pass – lets you enjoy free entry to hundreds of museums, galleries and historic houses across the UK and 50% off major exhibitions.
- Bike-to-work scheme.
- Regular team socials.
- In our office, you can expect to enjoy complimentary Nespresso coffee, fresh fruit and treats. Out of work we’ve enjoyed Secret Cinema, crazy golf, escape rooms, as well as enjoying homemade cocktails or just a casual beer.
The Fold is an award-winning womenswear brand with a mission to empower women to realise their ambitions. The brand creates beautiful, high-quality collections to help women to feel their most confident selves. The Fold has a wide-reaching international audience and has dressed some of the world’s most influential female leaders and innovators.
Join The Fold Team:
We are an ambitious, supportive and passionate team who love what we do. We are founder-led, and we lead by example – never compromising on quality. We are committed to encouraging equality, diversity and inclusion across our business and within our teams, creating equal opportunities for employees and applicants.