Raw Material Buyer
We are looking for a raw material buyer to join our dedicated production team for women´s and men´s collections. As a raw material buyer, you will be responsible for managing raw material information for production, from placing production orders to ensuring quality level and close follow-up on deliveries. This role requires a problem-solving and proactive approach. This position works closely with the team of garment production and raw material development.
The work environment at Acne Studios is fast-paced and energetic; no day is ever the same. You will be based at Acne Studios Headquarters in Stockholm.
Tasks will include, but not be limited to
- Analyze potential pre-bookings and drop deliveries with production controllers, considering lead times for raw materials
- Manage bulk productions of raw materials from order placement to on-time delivery
- Responsible for collecting the raw material information
- Negotiate material and production costs with vendors and mills
- Work closely with the quality team on quality testing and analysis of raw materials from prototyping to sampling stages
- Responsible for the material data input and continuous updates in the PLM system related to production
- Manage delivery dates of materials and maintain close cooperation with the production department
- Maintain strong collaboration with vendors including on-site visits when necessary
- Academic degree, from business school and/or textile education
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a production/development/sourcing role, preferably from high-end fashion brands
- Highly proficient in MS Office applications - particularly Excel
- Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English, Italian is a merit
- Good knowledge of quality and production processes
- Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships both internally and externally
As we interview candidates continuously, we kindly ask you to register your application as soon as possible.
We may perform background checks for this position.