Tiffany Employee Culture
Tiffany & Co……..the name instills images of True Love, Romance and The Blue Box. It is a Symbol of Excellence. For 175 years Tiffany has created a legacy of exquisite design and romantic ideals. Tiffany & Co.'s rich heritage of celebrated artists, milestones and magnificent jewelry sets the foundation upon which our employees stand. It is these employees and their ardent love for the brand that creates a place to work unlike any other. Tiffany employees are a rare combination of passionate, loyal, charismatic, polished, kind, and focused individuals. They set very high expectations for themselves, their employees and their peers. In turn, Tiffany believes its people are its greatest asset and works everyday to make the Tiffany dream come true for its employees. The love story between Tiffany and its employees is the embodiment of the brand and leads to a magical mix that is only….Tiffany.
The Tiffany Sales Manager will effectively lead, develop and support the sales team members of a store to meet and/or exceed sales plans and profitability targets. The Tiffany Sales Manager is a dynamic, attentive and inspiring leader who has mastered relationship building with internal and external clients; someone that could be called a mentor, a teammate, a coach, while setting expectations for unsurpassed customer service. The Sales Manager is the sales leader, an individual that locally builds a climate of service excellence and client development by maximizing the performance of motivated, innovative, enthusiastic and engaged employees who are sales plan achievers. The actions and directions of the Sales Manager will align with the Tiffany Global Service Philosophy to:
- Create a connection between internal and external customers to the Tiffany & Co. brand
- Build trust and credibility
- Exceed expectations
- Honor the Tiffany legacy
The Tiffany & Co. Sales Manager will exhibit the following competency skills:
- Credibility - Demonstrates character, displays professionalism, models agility.
- Expertise & Judgment - Demonstrates expertise and business acumen, applies judgment, takes calculated risks.
- Strategy & Innovation - Thinks strategically, inspires creativity, plans and organizes
- Partnership - Collaborates productively, cultivates and manages talent, communicates with impact.
- Execution - Strives for excellence, delivers results, and measures outcomes.
The Tiffany & Co. Store Manager will be accountable for the following Key Accountabilities:
- Deliver profit plan sales and profitability targets.
- Demonstrate favorable/positive audit control results.
- Demonstrate favorable Return on Investment on all major investments.
- Ensure all day to day activities support the key retail strategies and current initiatives in order to drive the success of various types of business.
- Effectively manage and motivate staff through Achieve system utilization.
- Foster a store environment of Service Excellence- define, model and hold staff accountable for demonstrating the behaviors that enhance customer engagement, build enduring relationships and represent Tiffany Brand values.
- Coach all staff to reinforce Tiffany & Co. training concepts and develop the necessary skills to ensure consistent delivery of Service Excellence.
- Assess local market opportunities to develop a proactive and effective customer development strategy to drive new customer acquisition, lapsed customer re-engagement, and cultivation of Tiffany Register (TR) customers.
- Communicate the client development strategy and the related individual objectives for each member of the branch.
- Utilize and champion Engage as the tool to execute client development strategy, ensuring consistent collection and updating of client information, and strategic analysis of data and reports.
- Ensure that brand standard levels are maintained and appropriate resources are allocated for client development events and campaigns, by partnering with Merchandising, Marketing and other groups as applicable.
- Stay current on all industry news and company updates and complete provided training courses to ensure compliance with company policy changes to better serve customers, while also ensuring staff completion.
- Acquire Talent: Build a robust internal and external talent pipeline through employee, client and personal networking. Effectively identify and select top talent by using pre-hire assessment reports and interview guides for every hiring decision. Use the Tiffany Onboarding program to ensure a consistent, branded onboarding experience for all new employees.
- Develop Talent: Hold quarterly performance review meetings with all members of staff to discuss performance relative to expectations/plans, to identify and leverage strengths, and to close any identified skill gaps through appropriate coaching and/or training. Ensure timely and effective resolution of all significant performance issues by creating action plans for underperforming employees.
- Maximize Top Talent: Craft Talent Maximization Plans for top talent. Be an advocate for, and share information about top talent, to enable the maximization and mobility of top talent across the business.
Creative Visual Merchandising/Merchandising
- Be aware of all current Creative Visual Merchandising and Merchandising directives and ensure their timely implementation.
- Creative Visual Merchandising - Maintain standards for all creative vehicles in store, including: Windows and vitrines, signage, flowers, holiday décor.
- Merchandising - Maintain standards for Product Presentation Management and merchandising directives: Ensure case line presentations complete and up to date and maintain merchandising adjacencies.
- Communicate needs for special events and provide timely Creative Visual Merchandising feedback to appropriate Creative Visual Merchandising Director.
- Maximize the physical deterrence and floor presence of the entire security staff and ensure front door coverage by a Tiffany & Co. Security Officer during customer hours.
- Ensure that all store staff have up-to-date knowledge and awareness of security and emergency procedures.
- Ensure that all physical security systems are functioning properly, including: Alarms, CCTV, Radios, Wands and Safe/Timelock.
- Ensure that Incident Management Plan site readiness is maintained per policy.