Cash Office Assistant
At Burberry, we believe creativity opens spaces. Our purpose is to unlock the power of imagination to push boundaries and open new possibilities for our people, our customers and our communities. This is the core belief that has guided Burberry since it was founded in 1856 and is central to how we operate as a company today.
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to being a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities.
The Cash Office Accounting Administrator will assist and support the Order to Cash department with Cash Office administration activities, performing bank reconciliations and managing petty cash, ensuring that these align with Burberry's global best practice. The role will be accountable for a set of legal entities, and will be responsible for the daily reconciliation of bank and control accounts, including the matching of cash and credit card transactions in multiple accounts and in multiple currencies.
In addition, the Cash Office Accounting Administrator will be responsible for identify potential automation possibilities and process improvements.
• Process cash allocations in SAP
• Daily reconciliation of bank and control accounts, including matching of cash and credit card transactions in multiple accounts, in multiple currencies
• Daily upload of files from third parties
• Weekly reconciliation & replenishment of Burberry gift vouchers
• Production of Month End bank and control account reconciliations for allocated account
• Upload of Month End reconciliations into Cadency
• Timely and accurately process intercompany processes
• Communication with 3rd parties
• Customer Management
• Stakeholder Management with both internal and external parties
• Ageing balances & unreconciled items
• Perform ad hoc Cash Office Accounting activities
• Role may require work on some weekend/public holidays during half year and year end periods
• Builds effective relationships through interpersonal skill and technical expertise to aid cross-functional working, delivery and a sense of collaboration and teamwork.
• Proactively asks for and acts on personal feedback, developing a high level of self-awareness.
• Presents a welcoming attitude to change and adjusts dynamically to continuous business change and improvement.
• Capable and proactively takes on different activities in line with business need.
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to convey information succinctly and concisely to non-finance team members
• Bachelor's degree
• Previous experience in Cash Office Accounting.
• Knowledge of SAP experience (or any other purchasing order systems) preferred.
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel
• Luxury fashion retail industry experience preferred.
• Ability to manage workload independently
• Track record of working well under pressure to achieve deadline
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Posting Notes: United Kingdom || Not Applicable || Leeds || FINANCE & OPERATIONS || FINANCE SHARED SERVICES || n/a ||