Market Manager- Tommy Hilfiger- Philadelphia Area
- Tommy Hilfiger
- Pottstown, Pennsylvania, United States of America
- Closing date
- 16 Mar 2023
SUMMARY: To direct all activities required to achieve home store and assigned market goals, including sales and profit objectives, customer service, human resources as it relates to development and retention of team, payroll and operating expenses, loss prevention and merchandise presentation. This role is the first step in the transition from a single store responsibility to a multi-store responsibility overseeing up to 2 - 3 additional stores that report directly to them.
· Develop Store Managers to accomplish market / district's objectives through recruitment, selection, coaching, career and succession pathing, retention and motivation.
· Ensure attainment of sales, payroll, operating expenses and inventory shortage goals for district.
· Meet or exceeds customer service objectives with emphasis on store team coaching and follow-up.
· Ensures that merchandise is maintained to company standard, with emphasis on allocation, presentation, restocking and recovery.
· Act as a liaison between stores and District or Regional Manager.
· Help to set priorities and direction for market with District Manager.
· Understand TH culture, ensures compliance with the brands core values and operational standards.
· Convey company's mission, vision, and strategic priorities.
· Additional responsibilities as assigned by District Manager or Regional Director.
· Ensure TH customer service standards are being met and modeled.
· Adhere to Human Resources standards following general practices, minimizing exceptions and remaining objective.
· Recruit, selects, hires and develops diverse management level talent for the Market.
· Fill open positions with qualified candidates utilizing 30 days as goal - maintaining a talent pool.
· Assess, develops, educates, mentors and provides timely feedback and coaching on a regular and consistent basis.
· Hold teams accountable for achievement of results.
· Manage conflict.
· Empower and involves team in decision making process while guiding process.
· Receptive to feedback and fosters dialogue around solutions.
· Lead by taking calculated risks and manages through change and adversity.
· Maintain confidentiality and meets own commitments.
REVENUE GENERATION RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Share vision and plans execution of market / districts strategy in alignment with corporate, zone and regional initiatives.
· Is responsible for setting and attaining market sales and expense management goals.
· Responsible for meeting payroll goals.
· Driving quantifiable performance (LY, Plan, UPT, Conversion, Leverage, Inventory, Internal and External Operational Assessments).
· Educating store teams on reports, analysis of business trends and inventory opportunities.
· Analyze business reports consistently and develop strategy to maximize financial performance.
· Prioritize workflow through successful planning and time management.
· Understand and comply with all company policy, procedures and operations.
· Maintain the highest level of security and safety awareness within the stores.
· Responsible for maintenance of the physical appearance and cleanliness of stores within market.
· Recognize problems, analyze causes, and generate alternatives and solutions.
· Adhere to deadlines, conducts pilots and provides pertinent feedback when necessary.
· Track and check for compliance of all company assigned training within the Market.
· Recommend ideas to improve standards and processes.
· Demonstrate ability to convey company expectations.
VISUAL, BRAND AND PRODUCT MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Ensure execution of all pricing strategies to achieve gross margin goals.
· Ensure that all stores in the market are merchandised according to visual guidelines; understands and holds teams accountable to the standards that are outlined by the store concept and the VMCS.
·Educate the teams on assessing visual directives and substituting product as needed; coaches teams to drive sales opportunities through adjustments to product placement.
· Communicate observations and opportunities regarding quality control through proper channels.
· Partner when necessary to manage store inventories.
· Ensure timely planning and execution of store seasonal concept.
· Ensure all managers can clearly articulate the company's brand positioning,
· Asks probing questions.
MARKET MANAGER POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
· Proven ability to network and maintain talent pool for recruitment; select and develop store management teams; develop bench strength; coach and counsel; persuasively argue a point of view without losing objectivity.
· Ability to function as a role model during all store visits, ensuring that the customer remains the top priority; ability to respond in an empathetic way when dealing with customer complaints or needs.
· Ability to organize, delegate, prioritize, meet deadlines, and hold team accountable and follow-up on all activities within the market.
· Proven ability to challenge and motivate management teams in an atmosphere of mutual respect by supporting TH brand core values.
· Knowledge of visual standards and techniques; ability to implement and interpret according to store floor concept and VMCS principles and standards.
· Able to individualize for stores as needed.
· Demonstration of strong verbal and written communication skills to corporate and direct reports; ability to express and logically articulate point of view while reinforcing company initiatives and values.
· Ability to analyze business trends and function within payroll, shortage and controllable expenses to maximize market performance and profitability.
· Ability to assess market, share information with corporate and store teams and translate into an impact to overall market business.
PVH Corp. or its subsidiary ("PVH") is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants for employment on the basis of their individual capabilities and qualifications, consistent with applicable law and without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, military status or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law. In addition to complying with all applicable laws, PVH also has a strong corporate commitment to inclusion, diversity and to ensuring that all current and future PVH associates are compensated solely on job-related factors such as skill, ability, educational background, work quality, experience and potential. To achieve these goals, across the United States and its territories, PVH prohibits any PVH employee, agent or representative from requesting or otherwise considering any job applicant's current or prior wages, salary or other compensation information in connection with the hiring process. Accordingly, applicants are asked not to disclose this salary history information to PVH
TOMMY HILFIGER is one of the world’s leading designer lifestyle brands and is internationally recognized for celebrating the essence of classic American cool style, featuring preppy with a twist designs. Founded in 1985, Tommy Hilfiger delivers premium styling, quality and value to consumers worldwide under the TOMMY HILFIGER and TOMMY JEANS brands, with a breadth of collections including HILFIGER COLLECTION, TOMMY HILFIGER TAILORED, TommyXGigi, men’s, women’s and kids’ sportswear, denim, accessories, and footwear. In addition, the brand is licensed for a range of products, including fragrances, eyewear, watches and home furnishings. Founder Tommy Hilfiger remains the company’s Principal Designer and provides leadership and direction for the design process. TOMMY HILFIGER, which was acquired by PVH Corp. in 2010, is a global apparel and retail company with more than 15,000 associates worldwide. With the support of strong global consumer recognition, Tommy Hilfiger has built an extensive distribution network in over 100 countries and more than 1,800 retail stores throughout North America, Europe, Latin America and the Asia Pacific region. Global retail sales of the TOMMY HILFIGER brand were US $7.4 billion in 2017.
Stadhouderskade 6 Amsterdam
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert