Ralph Lauren Corporation (NYSE:RL) is a global leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products in five categories: apparel, accessories, home, fragrances, and hospitality. For more than 50 years, Ralph Lauren's reputation and distinctive image have been consistently developed across an expanding number of products, brands and international markets. The Company's brand names, which include Ralph Lauren, Ralph Lauren Collection, Ralph Lauren Purple Label, Polo Ralph Lauren, Double RL, Lauren Ralph Lauren, Polo Ralph Lauren Children, Chaps, among others, constitute one of the world's most widely recognized families of consumer brands. At Ralph Lauren, we unite and inspire the communities within our company as well as those in which we serve by amplifying voices and perspectives to create a culture of belonging, ensuring inclusion, and fairness for all. We foster a culture of inclusion through: Talent, Education & Communication, Employee Groups and Celebration. Any offer of employment is contingent upon proof of full COVID 19 vaccinations upon hire. Accommodations due to medical or religious reasons will be evaluated in compliance with the law.
The Assistant Merchandising for Antiques and Vintage will be responsible for all data, finance and budget management for the Vintage department. They are to support the buyer in processing, pricing and paying for all merchandise as well as supporting the tracking of the day-to-day business. Additionally, they will establish cross functional partnerships with finance, store operations, stores and vendors to ensure strategic goals and deadlines are met.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Define new styles and process invoices to ensure timely distribution of merchandise to retail doors
• Own item definition, price change management, and the maintenance of purchase orders for items purchased.
• Ensure timely and accurate vendor payment and communication
• Partner with Lead of Vintage to establish price and margin for all pieces
• Manage quarterly OTB and seasonal inventory procurement, own communication to lead buyer & merchandise planning
• Manage all aspects of consignment including data entry, payment and tracking
• Manage all aspects of Filemaker
• Assist in the repair process for customer goods and owned products
• Provide weekly reporting needs to Buyer and Planner to review sales, margin and discount rate
• Ticket, tag and process new merchandise in partnership with vintage operations team
• Processing of expenses for the vintage department
Experience, Skills & Knowledge
- Bachelor's Degree preferred -Clear communication and attention to detail needed - Experience in handling Vintage and Antiques and a clear passion for product - Comfort in Microsoft Office Suite, Filemaker and Photo Editor #LI-CE1