Associate Buying & Merchandising Planning Manager
- Ralph Lauren
- Hong Kong, Hong Kong
- Closing date
- 2 Dec 2022
- Coordinator / Executive
Ralph Lauren Corporation (NYSE:RL) is a global leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products in five categories: apparel, accessories, home, fragrances, and hospitality. For more than 50 years, Ralph Lauren's reputation and distinctive image have been consistently developed across an expanding number of products, brands and international markets. The Company's brand names, which include Ralph Lauren, Ralph Lauren Collection, Ralph Lauren Purple Label, Polo Ralph Lauren, Double RL, Lauren Ralph Lauren, Polo Ralph Lauren Children, Chaps, among others, constitute one of the world's most widely recognized families of consumer brands. At Ralph Lauren, we unite and inspire the communities within our company as well as those in which we serve by amplifying voices and perspectives to create a culture of belonging, ensuring inclusion, and fairness for all. We foster a culture of inclusion through: Talent, Education & Communication, Employee Groups and Celebration.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Key Responsibilities Strategic Assortment Planning:
* Prepare weekly reports analyzing GCSEA's performance from multiple business angles, such as topline sales, sell-through, productivity of brands, quality of sales, by season, by categories, by stores, top/worst sellers etc...
* Partner closely with Buying teams to strategize assortment plans whilst balancing between commerciality and creativity. Identify volume drivers that need to be protected and suggest fashion-forward styles to be assorted for story-telling purposes.
* Suggest markdown strategies to mitigate inventory liability whilst upholding corporate's brand elevation goal. Local Knowledge/Expertise:
* Act as an efficient and reliable liaison between stores and Allocation teams. Manage deliveries that are sent to stores in an organized and timely manner. Thoroughly check model stock of every style has sufficient qty to optimize sales and support VM's presentation. Ensure all reasonable VIC requests are fulfilled swiftly.
* Participate in regular walk-thrus to understand nuances in demographic/shopping behavior/trend across various stores. Based on learning, assort stores accordingly to achieve sell-through targets.
* Stay in tuned to competitors' pricing and merchandising strategies. Based on findings, identify product and price increase opportunities. Deliver Omni Channel:
* Coordinate with Ecom teams to ensure product launches are aligned with stores' delivery schedules.
* Lead and partner with cross functional teams to devise assortments for key online promotions, such as Double-11, 6/18 etc... Key Administrative Duties:
* Create-your-Own program: Maintain accurate data master for external vendors to leverage.
* Partner with Brand Image and Operations teams to finalize uniform looks. Compile orders from cross-functional teams before submission.
* Conduct regular consolidation to maintain healthy inventory level across all stores.
* Follow up with cross functional partners to check seasonal price change is reflected accurately, defective product issues are addressed and acknowledged, aged inventory has exited all stores.
Experience, Skills & Knowledge
Profile and Key Requirements
* 5~6 years of experience (ideally in menswear)
* Fluency in English and Cantonese is a must
* MUST be highly organized and detail oriented
* Demonstrates interest and appreciation in product designs and commercial market trends
* Able to communicate in a calm and professional manner under stress, build relationships with cross functional teams
* Defend a business argument persuasively in both one-on-one and group settings
* Demonstrate integrity and accountability
Ralph Lauren, whose name is synonymous with American lifestyle, timeless design and impeccable quality, is a cultural icon who has built the Ralph Lauren Corporation into one of the most successful companies in the world. As the first designer to produce a complete lifestyle vision, Mr. Lauren created a global brand exemplified by style, sophistication and the utmost attention to detail. Today, the Company is a leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products in four categories: apparel, home, accessories and fragrances.
Since 1967, Ralph Lauren has cultivated the iconography of America, as well as that of Europe and the exotic themes of other cultures, redefining a style of luxury that is recognized and coveted around the world. “I have always had a clear vision,” he said. “I wanted to develop quality products and create a whole world around that. It means taking risks, going with what you feel, but never losing sight of your vision and conviction.”
At Ralph Lauren, we like to inspire—and to be inspired. Our teams are dynamic, collaborative and innovative—and we are always looking to build them with the strongest, most inspiring people in the world.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert