Job Role: Finance Assistant
Reporting to: Finance Analyst
Location: Head Office, West London
Contract type: Full Time
Workplace Type: Hybrid
ME+EM is one of the UK’s fastest-growing luxury fashion brands. As a direct-to-consumer business we operate in a truly multi-channel sense with six London stores, as well as concessions in Harrods and Selfridges, supporting a rapidly expanding global digital business. In the past 12 months sales have more than doubled to over £50m, and we now sell in more than 75 countries.
We are an entrepreneurial, creative, and passionate group of people. We work hard, are enthusiastic to learn and aren't afraid to take risks. Everyone contributes to our success at all levels, and that's precisely what makes being a member of the team so rewarding.
Our goal is to make ME+EM as diverse and inclusive as we possibly can and so, with that in mind, we have put into place processes and targets to help us achieve that goal. We make sure everyone has a voice with annual engagement surveys, employee-led committees, focus groups and quarterly town hall meetings. We pride ourselves on being approachable, supportive, and welcoming and ensure that everyone’s hard work is rewarded.
About the Role:
As a result of exceptional business growth over the last 18 months, we are looking to expand the Finance Team at our Head Office. Reporting to the Finance Analyst, this person will assist in day-to-day finance tasks and provide support to the team. The ideal candidate will be able to work on their own initiative, be proficient in Excel and have excellent communication and organisational skills.
- Responsible for collating and reconciling all UK and USA Online Sales and Returns data, as well as end to end postings into the accounting software (Sage 200).
- Preparation and postings of all UK and USA Online Cash reconciliations across all payment platforms.
- Supporting the month end accounting process and production of financial account.
- Checking and resolving variances and discrepancies.
- Adhoc finance responsibilities – filing, data collation to support the Finance Analyst and reconciliations.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Minimum 6 months – 1 year experience in industry.
- Sage 200 experience preferable but not essential.
- Finance based degree ( e.g. Accounting, Economics with a minimum degree classification 2.1) and/or working towards an accounting qualification (e.g. ACA/ACCA/CIMA).
- Timeliness and accuracy in recording and reporting.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Self-starter and able to work alone.
- Strong communication skills, both written & verbal
- 25 days annual leave + 8 bank holidays and a day off to celebrate your birthday
- Discretionary annual bonus scheme
- Generous Staff Discount of up to 70% off
- Various Health and Wellbeing insurances
- Cycle to Work and Tech Scheme
- Length of Service Award
- Refer a friend incentive scheme
- Monthly social and wellbeing events, annual summer, and Christmas parties
- Mental Health Awareness and First Aid training
- Sample sales
- Real Living Wage Employer
Please note, due to the large number of applications we receive, we can only reply to those that are successful to the next stage.