Assistant Textile/Print Designer
- London (Greater) (GB)
- Closing date
- 21 Aug 2022
- Design - Garments & Accessories
- Entry Level / Assistant
- Contract Type
- Full Time
At Self-Portrait we are looking for a motivated and passionate Assistant Textiles/Print Designer to join our growing Design team.
As Assistant Textiles/Print Designer at Self-Portrait, you will work directly with the Senior Designer on original artworks and developments. The right candidate will be a confident user of Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign, as well as having an enthusiastic approach to research and fabric developments.
We work in a fast-paced environment, so willingness to learn, take part in all aspects of the process, and a passion for your work are key. There is a lot of invaluable experience to be learnt as part of our small team, with crossover between Textiles Development and the RTW design process. This is an exciting opportunity for somebody who has a keen interest in both textiles and fashion design.
- With guidance from the Senior Designer, assist through all stages of the Textile/Design process, from Initial research stage to final samples, and be responsible for designing part of the expanding range of fabric developments
- Create, Rework/Recolouring/Digitalising of Textile Developments
- Create and amend initial Tech Packs/Strike Off Packs
- Creating accurate and detailed CAD mock-ups through all stages – ensuring that all CADs are up to date with fabric/prints
- Collaborating with the Design team to ensure that all styles are fit for purpose.
- Supporting the Creative team on any duties needed throughout the Design Process
Requirements for the Role:
- BA or equivalent qualification in a textiles/fashion related subject
- Entry Level - 1-2 years experience
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Proficient and confident user of Adobe suite including Photoshop, Illustrator & InDesign
- A positive can-do attitude, and ability to work independently as well as to embrace teamwork
- Knowledge of fabric bases and an understanding of fabric techniques
- Interest in fashion, awareness of trends and a good understanding of the Self-Portrait aesthetic
- Good time management and ability to work in a fast-paced environment across multiple tasks
- A quick learner with a focused work ethic and excellent attention to detail
Please apply with CV and Portfolio. Applications without the required documents will not be considered.
A British brand with a global perspective.
self-portrait are privately owned, independent and unashamedly consumer centric. Behind everything self-portrait does is a desire to uplift, empower and celebrate its customers.
We both embrace and invest in the future of the brand and of the industry.
The self-portrait brand operates 30 stores in the UK, China and Thailand, with a retail network of over 400 stores in 70 countries, seeing an average of 60,000 unique visitors to its e-commerce website each week.
Since debuting with womenswear, the brand has also expanded to include categories such as swimwear, bridal, bags, accessories and childrenswear.
self-portrait is part of the newly formed SP Collection, a group that has been set up to discover, nurture, and develop best in class creativity and design. Roland Mouret joined the group back in 2021.
90-98 GOSWELL ROAD
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert