Manager, Sustainable Manufacturing - Water Conservation
- London, United Kingdom
- Closing date
- 7 Dec 2022
At Burberry, we believe creativity opens spaces. Our purpose is to unlock the power of imagination to push boundaries and open new possibilities for our people, our customers and our communities. This is the core belief that has guided Burberry since it was founded in 1856 and is central to how we operate as a company today.
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to being a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities.
Drive and scale sustainable manufacturing practices across Burberry Supply Chain
• Manage Environmental Performance and set, drive and evolve water conservation targets
• Drive the Supply Chain Partner's Water assessments to identify improvement opportunities and to track evolvement of Burberry's water risk profile and impact (water footprint).
• Support the development of action plans by Supply Chain Partners to improve water management and implement water conservation technologies / practices to improve water efficiency.
• Critically identify technical innovation opportunities to drive water performance improvements (quality and quantity) to be implemented by Supply Chain Partners
• Collaboratively work with internal teams to develop a culture of sustainable manufacturing, particularly to embed the principles of water conservation as "business as usual" within key functions - such as Raw Material Management or Product Engineering.
• Engage with Supply Chain to develop a culture of sustainable manufacturing and achieve active involvement in the programme to promote the adoption of best practices and water saving technology and innovations.
• Manage relationships with internals, business partners and relevant stakeholders to promote a collaborative working environment
• Contribute to the implementation of Burberry's Chemical Management Programme.
• Experience in water engineering essential
• Experience in effluent treatment plant management or water conservation technologies
• Experience in Textile / Leather engineering preferred
• Experience of multiple stakeholder collaboration
• Degree in Textile or Leather Engineering and/or Environmental Management preferred
• Expert on innovation technologies in the Apparel Industry or Water
• Demonstrate knowledge of textile and leather manufacturing environmental impact or other industries focusing on water impact
• Passionate about Supply Chain and Sustainability
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications
• Italian Language knowledge is preferred
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Posting Notes: United Kingdom || Not Applicable || London || SC CENTRAL OPERATIONS || SUSTAINABLE MANUFACT - RNABLEW || n/a ||
Founded in 1856, Burberry today remains quintessentially British, with outerwear at its core. Digital luxury positioning and intensive focus on design innovation, quality and heritage icons of the trench coat, trademark check and Prorsum knight, ensure continued brand purity and relevance globally across genders and generations.
At Burberry, every individual, every team and every function, shares an incredible passion for the brand and is guided by a ‘brand-first’ mind-set. Decisions are evaluated through the lens of the long-term health and vitality of the Burberry brand.
Burberry believes that in order to be a great brand it must also be a great company. Inspired by three Core Values - Protect, Explore, Inspire - rooted in the brand’s heritage and continually informing its guiding principles, Burberry leverages its compassionate and creative thinking culture to continually innovate and drive the brand forward.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert