At Burberry, we believe creativity opens spaces. Our purpose is to unlock the power of imagination to push boundaries and open new possibilities for our people, our customers and our communities. This is the core belief that has guided Burberry since it was founded in 1856 and is central to how we operate as a company today.
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to being a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities.
To work at vendors and factories to make sure that products being produced meet the highest possible quality standard
• Work proactively with Vendor/Factories to provide technical expertise
• Offer coaching, support and guidance where required to prevent quality failure or improve operational competence
• Conduct handover/pre-production meetings with Product Engineering team & vendors to risk-assess styles
• Perform in-line and final AQL product inspections to assure product complies with Burberry quality standards
• Review Field & Hub NC reports and drive Vendor/Factory accountability to corrective and sustainable action plans
• Monitor vendor's quality performance through KPI reports and act where necessary
• Carry out comprehensive Factory Assessments of the manufacturing facilities and determine opportunities for improving their quality system and liaise with the vendor to initiate corrective actions
• Work closely with Vendors' Internal QA Managers to ensure all due diligence activities are executed prior to dispatch
• Train Third Party, Vendors and associated sub-contractors QC's to Burberry Quality standards and ways of working
• Visit external partners (printer, embroidery etc.) to check the production and investigate problem root causes where needed
• Monitor & support accredited vendors
• Support Product Engineering team in the field; review and approve TOP samples
• Support Global Sourcing team by providing production information when needed
• Communicate and resolve issues with cross-functional teams, vendors and suppliers as necessary. Participate in projects to improve QA processes
• Collaborate and coordinate with other regional and central team members.
• Ensure vendors and business partners are accountable and align with the Burberry understanding of luxury. Support and identify opportunities for elevation and improvement where required.
• Promote a quality mindset with a goal of 'right first time'
• Product and Manufacturing knowledge as relevant to area of responsibility
• Understanding of QA process; statistical analysis including AQL audit techniques, traceability controls, defect trend analysis & product testing process controls/tools.
• Raw material and finished product testing knowledge
• Experience of quality assurance/production experience in a related field of similar scope and complexity.
• Basic working knowledge of Microsoft Office tools
• Good communicational skills
• Ability to work independently with a high level of initiative
• Persuasive communication and interpersonal skills
• Proficient level of numeracy
• Highly motivated
• Flexible to changes
• Result oriented, self-motivated, dedicated, enthusiastic and energetic
• Adherence and commitment to integrity and protecting Burberry Brand
• Ensure highest level of work efficiency and maximization of resources by adhering to planned work schedule.
• Available for frequent travelling
• PREFERRED: Printing expertise and Knitwear specialist
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Posting Notes: Italy || Not Applicable || Milan || SC CENTRAL OPERATIONS || QUALITY ASSURANCE & OPERATIONS || n/a ||