Designer, Bras, Foundations, Panties (Soma) - 11215 Metro Pkwy
- Fort Myers, Florida, United States
- Closing date
- 1 Sep 2022
- Design - Garments & Accessories
This position is responsible for building and developing a product category. This role works closely with teams to create the seasonal concept direction, line plan style needs, adhering to margin requirements, and completion of all facets of the development of product. Manages brand integrity through internal and external design partnerships. This position has a creative eye for product with the ability to drive business forward.
- Develops product and partners with those designing other categories to ensure cohesive design direction.
- Works with the cross functional teams (CFT) to coordinate assortments for presentation through print artwork, fabric, silhouette, outfit coordination and presentation boards.
- Manages multiple seasons at different stages of development, while understanding the PLC development calendar and ensuring teams are adhering to the T&A.
- Executes development interpretation and communicates creative packages and deadlines to internal and external teams.
- Executes against timelines on PLC development calendar and line plan needs.
- Coordinates visual boards and samples to drive newness to the brand.
- Prepares and assists in seasonal product reviews to senior management and merchant team by creating line presentation and concept boards.
- Partners with sourcing to identify yardage and color needs for development samples.
- Manages fabric development and seasonal presentation for core category in partnership with raw materials.
- Shops stores to identify trends relative to the business and purchases samples that our applicable to our customer.
- Works closely with cross functional teams to compliment and coordinate process, procedures, and development needs/packages.
- Attends fit sessions in partnership with technical design for styling and aesthetic comments/input.
- Presents at design meetings.
- Creates artwork for embellishments, plaid and stripes, and mock up projects.
- Values individuality and the diverse talents of their team. Leads the team by communicatingexpectations, providing guidance, delivering feedback, and empowering the team to be their best.
This position may be found in multiple brands. Some duties may vary from brand to brand.
- Bachelor's degree required, 4 year college degree in Design
- 5-7 years' experience in design within the retail industry, preferably contemporary market
- Excellent managerial, organization and leadership skills
- Excellent verbal and visual communication skills
- Navigate and lead through change
- Strong knowledge Fit and construction
- Hand on/ Dynamic team player
- Strong listening skills
- Computer proficient in Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator , Excel, and Word
- Ability to create or visualize an idea and produce a design by hand or using CAD a plus
- Past experience in business/design with solid understanding of details and trims. Solid understanding of Fit, fabrics, finishes and construction a plus
- InDesign and Micrograph experience preferred
Chico's FAS, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, lactation, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, military service, veteran status, or any other category protected under federal, state, or local law.
In 2004, a design team of women set out to create something they saw missing from the marketplace: a line that gives women what they really want. Bras as comfortable as they are beautiful. Panties that stay where they should. Pajamas soft enough to bring us the sleep we so deserve. They began innovating, and they started Soma Intimates under Chico’s FAS, Inc. In spring of 2019, we launched our online intimates apparel brand, TellTale. The brand focuses on self-care and love and respect of oneself. With a commitment to reliability, comfort and fashion, TellTale provides women with the opportunity to tell their own stories. Our corporate headquarters is located in beautiful Fort Myers, Florida and we offer a variety of amenities and benefits onsite as well as a strong company culture. It's our passion to inspire and empower one another and give back to the communities in which we live and work. Providing Most Amazing Personal Service to our customers, our communities, and each other makes Chico's FAS, Inc. an amazing place to work, learn and grow.
11215 Metro Parkway
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert