Job Role: Online Merchandiser
Reporting to: Senior Ecommerce Manager
Location: Head Office, West London
Contract type: Full Time
Workplace Type: Hybrid
ME+EM is one of the UK’s fastest-growing luxury fashion brands. As a direct-to-consumer business we operate in a truly multi-channel sense with six London stores, as well as concessions in Harrods and Selfridges, supporting a rapidly expanding global digital business. In the past 12 months sales have more than doubled to over £50m, and we now sell in more than 75 countries.
We are an entrepreneurial, creative, and passionate group of people. We work hard, are enthusiastic to learn and aren't afraid to take risks. Everyone contributes to our success at all levels, and that's precisely what makes being a member of the team so rewarding.
Our goal is to make ME+EM as diverse and inclusive as we possibly can and so, with that in mind, we have put into place processes and targets to help us achieve that goal. We make sure everyone has a voice with annual engagement surveys, employee-led committees, focus groups and quarterly town hall meetings. We pride ourselves on being approachable, supportive, and welcoming and ensure that everyone’s hard work is rewarded.
About the Role:
Due to exceptional business growth over the last 18 months, we are looking for an experienced Online Merchandiser to ensure that the ME+EM website is beautifully and strategically merchandised to create a best-in-class customer journey whilst maximising commercial opportunities. The ideal candidate will be creative and customer-centric with the ability to understand data and create luxury online experiences.
- Visually merchandising the UK and US websites to create an exciting customer experience that supports business strategies whilst maintaining the luxury credibility of the site.
- Working closely with the Art Director and product teams to curate category pages for monthly product drops ensuring that products are beautifully and strategically merchandised.
- Daily analysis of site visual merchandising against defined KPIs ensuring that steps are taken to optimise and test at every opportunity. Monitoring of stock levels and key deliveries to ensure sales are maximised when products launch.
- Lead weekly website trade meeting with Buying and Merchandising teams to report back insight on categories, trends and product performance. Acting swiftly on insight to make trading recommendationsand measuring the impact on site performance.
- Development of trading “toolkit” for ME+EM to ensure that when action is taken we are measuring the impact on product performance.
- Working with the wider Marketing team to curate and suggest product selections for seasonal campaigns, weekly newsletters and other marketing activity for key trading markets.
- Translation of customer trends identified in store onto the website experience.
- Working closely with the Product Analyst to gain a detailed understanding of the customer journey, putting forward recommendations for merchandising improvements whilst making sure the brand aesthetic is not compromised.
- Ownership of creative on-site content – planning and briefing assets for homepage, PLPs and navigation to ensure consistency whilst keeping trading goals front of mind.Working with the Product Analyst to measure success.
- Focus on on-site cross-selling opportunities – monitoring the success of recommendations across the site using a “test and learn” mindset.
- Ownership of on-site search. Maximising search conversion rate by: optimising product search terms, maintaining synonyms and redirects, analysing search results sort order, reviewing search user experience. Point of contact for third party search providers.
- Ownership of promotions – ensuring these are set up in line with trading requirements. End-to-end testing before go-live and regular reporting on the success of promotions. Monthly checks to ensure promotions are being used correctly.
- Management of the menu navigation and categorisation of products, working closely with the marketing team to ensure that SEO opportunities are taken into account.
- Review the balance of content and commerce across the site to ensure that the user journey is optimised between the two. This involves homepage, landing pages, editorial content.
- Ensure daily audits of the site to check depth/ high exposure products are being surfaced and that everything is correctly classified and merchandised.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Exceptional eye for detail and an impeccable taste level.
- Highly commercially aware, with creative flair and love of luxury fashion
- Exceptional understanding of the global consumer and an understanding of the online retail landscape across markets
- Solution oriented with a tenacious attitude
- Proven experience in an Ecommerce environment, with a strong understanding of visual merchandising, website taxonomy and usability.
- Understanding of the ME+EM brand and the luxury womenswear market Effective communicator with the ability to work collaboratively within teams around the business.
- 25 days annual leave + 8 bank holidays and a day off to celebrate your birthday
- Discretionary annual bonus scheme
- Generous Staff Discount of up to 70% off
- Various Health and Wellbeing insurances
- Cycle to Work and Tech Scheme
- Length of Service Award
- Refer a friend incentive scheme
- Monthly social and wellbeing events, annual summer, and Christmas parties
- Mental Health Awareness and First Aid training
- Sample sales
- Real Living Wage Employer
Please note, due to the large number of applications we receive, we can only reply to those that are successful to the next stage.