Design Assistant- Womenswear Jersey
COS is a fashion brand for women and men who want timeless, modern, functional and considered design. Offering reinvented classics and wardrobe essentials, we create pieces that are made to last beyond the season. Since launching in 2007 we have opened stores in over 40 countries worldwide, all in carefully considered locations, applying a design concept that preserves the buildings’ original features whilst creating a modern, contemporary space.
Would you like to be part of a creative and dynamic design team? Do you have a strong design identity and passion for womenswear design? Do you have a keen eye for detail?
If so, this could be the role for you. We are now looking for a Design Assistant to join our LRTW team.
This role will report into the Head of LRTW and is offered on a full-time, permanent contract.
As a Design Assistant at COS, you will support the Design Team with a range of responsibilities. You will be responsible for communicating sketches clearly and maintaining a clear view of the assortment. In this role you will have a clear understanding of the COS aesthetics and the customer to ensure visual and design targets of the brand.
What you will do:
- Support to drive the assortment throughout your department, by having a clear understanding of our customer and the COS aesthetics.
- Collaborate with all functions in the design/buying/pattern department, to ensure you deliver an efficient workflow and operate-towards long- and short-term goals that you set for your department.
- Assist in fittings, taking notes and updating technical sketches on illustrator.
- Assist and help research for the department, produce clear and detailed technical sketches.
- Handle samples as well as oversee and maintain the collection overviews as appropriate.
- Demonstrate a strong design identity in line with COS aesthetics, provide a sense of colours and details, deliver a high awareness of current trends.
We are looking for:
- Previous experience in a similar position.
- A certifiable design qualification specialised in womenswear.
- Ability to research thoroughly into the seasonal directions and suggest new ideas suitable for the COS aesthetic while demonstrating a high level of awareness
- Understanding and interest in sustainable fashion solutions, material innovation and product development
- Strong organisational skills and ability to work in a fast-paced environment meeting tight deadlines
- Proficient in Adobe suite (especially Illustrator and In-design).
- Good understanding of garment construction, an ability to create mock-ups and design solutions in 3D.
- Wide technical knowledge and strong 3-dimensional sense, and able to do Tech packs.
Why choose us:
At COS we are dedicated to recruiting great people by offering an inclusive work environment where talent is recognised, valued and appreciated. We believe that our values and diversity play a significant role in the success of our brand.
If you are successful in your application, we will ensure you receive a full training program and you will be able to enjoy a wide range of benefits including:
- 25% staff discount on all H&M Group brands.
- A generous holiday entitlement
- Employee Assistance Program
- A range of long service benefits
Over the last 10 years we have carefully built a culture where our people are supported, inspired and encouraged to be the best they can. Our brand is creative, forward thinking and modern; choosing longevity over passing trends. We set the bar high at COS; we are committed to recruiting great people, offering an environment where talent is recognised and valued. We believe that a diverse workforce plays an important role in the success of COS. We celebrate individual differences and appreciate the contribution that all our colleagues make.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
Please kindly note that in order for us to consider your application, you will need to include a portfolio or examples of your work most suited to the COS design aesthetic.