WE ARE MORE THAN JUST A CLOTHING BRAND; WE ARE ON A MISSION TO TRANSFORM THE FUTURE OF FASHION
Are you looking for a company that pushes the boundaries and creates a community inclusive of everyone? A shared vision beyond only us?
If you answered yes, why not join us? This could be your first step towards a new and exciting career at COS!
About COS: Offering innovative design, elevated essentials and wardrobe icons, COS is a fashion brand rooted in contemporary culture. From the beginning, our design ethos has always put lasting style, quality and sustainability first. Today 92% of the materials in our collection are more sustainably sourced.
COS, alongside Arket, Monki, Weekday, Afound, & Other Stories and H&M, is one of several unique brands that make up the H&M group. The H&M Group employs over 170,000 people in 74 markets across the globe, and we are the 2nd largest fashion company in the world. Since launching COS in 2007, we have opened more than 200 stores worldwide.
What we value most: Alignment to our company values is the most important characteristic we look for in all new joiners. Our values are the behaviours that we appreciate above and beyond anything else. We are open-minded and curious, we dare to be different, we believe in constant improvement and we empower and trust you to take ownership. Our values are part of who we are, what we stand for and how we act.
At COS we love welcoming new people and work hard to provide an environment where everyone feels appreciated and valued. We celebrate individual differences and recognise the contribution that all our colleagues make, regardless of their background.
As the Head of Design for the COS Womenswear collection you are will have the chance to oversee the creation of a collection that offers our customers the absolute best in terms of design, price, quality and sustainability.
In this role you will propel the department forward and drive the core COS aesthetic and visual language and goals, ensuring the department meets its season critical path deadlines.
- Drive the collection vision for each season and effectively translate and communicate this to the womenswear design team
- Evaluate and follow up on the department’s assortment in all sales channels and take action where necessary
- Collaborate and work cross functional to deliver the womenswear design strategy, displaying analytical and creative vision
- Inspire, motivate, and lead the COS Womenswear Design Team, building a high functioning and creative team
- Empower your team, lead and excite them by passing on your knowledge and enthusiasm for design
- Lead the work on the core COS aesthetics ensuring we challenge and excite our customers.
- Create a compelling Global Womenswear collection in line with our Brand ID
- Define the vision and goals for the department, working with long term development and the department’s goal for each season
- Identify new trends and identify opportunities for new areas of growth
- Responsible for driving the research for the department and working with our customer profile.
- Work closely with the Garment Tech teams and Atelier, managing shape development and fittings process making sure the critical path is adhered to
- Several years experience success leading a design team for a top fashion brand. International experience is high desirable
- Experienced and empathetic leader, communicator and confident presenter
- Highly creative and good understanding customer needs, including a proven track record of meeting and exceeding selling goals
- Strong experience as a designer at a senior level
- High level of awareness of current trends
- Technical knowledge and a great understanding of textile and materials.
- Excellent sensitivity to fabrication and colour
- Ability and experience working in fast paced/ever-changing environments
When you first join COS, you will have a full introduction, excellent training, and a team that will support you during your first days, weeks and months. In addition to this you will also receive lots of fantastic benefits including.
- 25% Staff Discount
- 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays
- Annual Health Checks
- Pension Scheme
- Discounted Gym Membership
- Private Health & Dental Care
- Cycle to Work Scheme