Fora, 33 Broadwick Street, Soho, London W1F 0DQ
This is an exciting opportunity for a creative, experienced, and motivated Events professional to support the events teams working at the heart of the fashion industry, delivering a portfolio of world class events, including London Fashion Week and The Fashion Awards.
ABOUT THE BFC
The British Fashion Council is a purpose led organization that supports and nurtures fashion designers and has made a commitment to driving environmental and societal change in the industry. This is therefore an incredibly rewarding job that sits at the intersection of fashion, culture and sustainability. The British Fashion Council (BFC) is a not-for-profit organisation that strengthens British fashion in the global economy as a leader in responsible, creative businesses. It does this through championing diversity, building and inviting the industry to actively participate in a network to accelerate a successful circular fashion economy. The BFC is a membership organisation, funded by industry patrons, commercial partners and the government. It convenes the UK fashion industry through three strategic pillars: Supporting Excellence in Design (including hosting London Fashion Week to showcase British designers); Empowering Growth; Communicating to Activate Positive Change.
The BFC encourages a culture which empowers, values, nurtures, supports and rewards its employees and promotes a positive environment with a focus on team collaboration and open communication.
The BFC is committed to being an Equal Opportunities Employer. Diversity, Equality and Inclusion. They’re more than just words. We are inclusive. We celebrate and champion multiple approaches and points of view. We believe diversity drives innovation. So together we’re building a culture where difference is valued. Our commitment to inclusion drives us forward every day internally and externally.
Everyone is welcome, as an inclusive workplace the BFC encourages our employees to bring their true self to work and we commit to develop your skills and advance your careers in a culture of creativity.
- We are forces of change: We challenge ourselves and inspire others to be responsible and take action for positive change We are united: We champion diversity and inclusion and work together to deliver our mission to strengthen British Fashion We strive for excellence: The designers are at the heart of everything that we do. We are purpose led and make the right choices to deliver excellence We are innovative: We are committed to creativity and innovation to deliver growth
- Proactively support the Events Team on delivering the end-to-end annual programme of physical and virtual events, thriving under pressure and tight deadlines Work with the Events Team on planning, execution, and delivery of events programme Support the Events Manager with the management of operational, production, content and programme development, AV, venues, logistics and customer journey requirements including liaison with appropriate bodies such as police and councils where required
- Support the event team in planning, staffing, managing send outs, call sheets, managing critical paths, presentations, managing of BFC zoom account, arrange webinars, meetings, creation of meeting minutes and status reports Excellent communication skills, provide clear internal communication of events within the BFC. Collaboration across all BFC departments including working closely with all stakeholders Negotiate, manage and maintain excellent professional relationships with existing and potential stakeholders, venues, agencies, contractors and general suppliers. Work with the Events Team to benchmark delivery of all events, KPI, ROI reports demonstrate an understanding of challenges faced with recommendations for improvement Work with Events Team to manage project teams internally and externally to check understanding, monitor outputs, workload and quality of work across BFC events Provide support on budget monitoring, creating invoices and processing payments with the internal finance team Manage and source interns and event staff where required in the office and on site at events and refers questions to managers as necessary. Knowledge of restaurant, venue and hospitality offering in London and current and emerging F&B trends which can lead to new opportunities for event delivery Work with Events Team to create a sustainable approach to event delivery, challenging suppliers and introducing new ideas to reduce the impact our events have in line with our Institute of Positive Fashion
Requirements & Key Attributes – Skills & Requirements
Role model behaviours required
- Collaborates across departments Keeps control of basic tasks, alongside bigger picture, prioritising effectively Brings forward new solutions and approaches An ability to bring tasks together
Professional Experience & Skills
- Professional with experience within an event role
- Creative and ambitious, with a passion for creating high impact events and to drive innovation
- Highly driven and results focused with a commitment to working to high standards and absolute attention to detail
- Highly articulate with excellent written and verbal skills
- Excellent numerical skills with proven experience in managing budgets
- Advanced IT skills in Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of managing virtual events
- Positive outlook with an enthusiastic, friendly, can-do approach and solution focused
- Ability to build professional relationships with key stakeholders
- Confident, highly organised, able to use initiative and be pro-active working under pressure and tight deadlines
- Ability to project manage and multi-task autonomously with good time management
- Well presented, level-headed, enthusiastic and engaged with a happy demeanour
- Ability to remain calm, diplomatic and composed Initiates and develops streamlined systems and processes Drives best practice behaviours and works as a team to meet BFC’s objectives to maintain integrity and reputation Represents the BFC and acts as an ambassador at events, corporate initiatives, and networking
Salary & Benefits
- Job type: Full time, permanent
- Salary: Subject to experience
- 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays + Christmas Eve Summer Working Hours (July & August)
- Standard company working hours are 09.30 to 17.30, flexibility and non-standard hours are required during events
How To Apply
- Candidates should apply with a CV and covering letter, highlighting your experience for this role and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Events Executive Application’ in the subject
- Application closing date: Friday 5th August 2022 at 5pm
- Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK
- Upon application, please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments for the interview