Mgr, Financial Reporting - 11215 Metro Pkwy
The position is responsible for managing the financial reporting function for Chico's FAS. This role is also directly responsible for ensuring that all SEC filings are prepared in accordance with authoritative literature, including generally accepted accounting principles, all SEC rules and regulations and NYSE rules and regulations. In addition to preparing all external reports, this position is responsible for the analysis and documentation of technical accounting issues that may arise and ensuring that the accounting department correctly implements such conclusions as policies and procedures.
- Manages the Financial Reporting team responsible for the preparation and review of financial reports and filings with the SEC, including the Company's Form 10-Qs and 10-Ks; Section 16 filings; Annual Proxy filing; Current Reports (Form 8-K); and compliance with other regulatory bodies such as the NYSE.
- Responsible for financial statement disclosures and management's discussion and analysis, including application of new accounting pronouncements
- Oversees technical accounting including the research and application of GAAP and SEC regulatory requirements, new accounting pronouncements and financial reporting matters, and provide analysis and memorandums on the impact to financials and disclosures.
- Manages the annual reporting process including preparation of filings, distribution of annual reporting materials, adherence to budget, and compliance with stock exchange listing standards.
- Implements methodologies to forecast, record and report stock-based compensation in accordance with highly complex accounting standards, specifically ASC 718.
- Provides support of other highly complex accounting standards including earnings per share (ASC 260) and impairment assessments of goodwill and indefinite-lived intangible assets in accordance with ASC 350.
- Researches peer company external filings in order to identify areas where the Company may improve its disclosures, providing financial vision and guidance to Senior Executives.
- Coordinates with Investor Relations, including communications involving projections and earnings releases.
- Assists with financial projections including equity expense (ASC 718), audit/tax expense, annual reporting expenses and share count.
- Values individuality and the diverse talents of their team. Leads the team by communicating expectations, providing guidance, delivering feedback, and empowering the team to be their best.
- BA/BS degree in Accounting required
- CPA required
- 5+ years of financial reporting experience (mix of Big 4 and corporate accounting w/SEC exposure preferred)
- High level of proficiency in GAAP, SEC and NYSE rules and regulations required
- Advanced Microsoft Excel spreadsheet skills
- Excellent financial analysis skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of results/Company announcements
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Attentive to detail, well organized, and able to function in a fast-paced environment
- Highest levels of commitment and integrity
Chico's FAS, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, lactation, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, military service, veteran status, or any other category protected under federal, state, or local law.
Chico’s was founded in 1983 as a small boutique selling Mexican folk art on Sanibel Island, Florida. The Founders discovered the sweater, pivoted the business and fashion was never the same. The rich colors and prints, unique artisanal details, stylish solutions, and amazing personal service made a lasting connection with customers. Our corporate headquarters is located in Fort Myers, Florida supporting our family of brands: Chico's, White House Black Market and Soma Intimates. We offer a variety of amenities and benefits onsite as well as a strong company culture. It's our passion to inspire and empower one another and give back to the communities in which we live and work. Providing Most Amazing Personal Service to our customers, our communities, and each other makes Chico's FAS, Inc. an amazing place to work, learn and grow.
11215 Metro Parkway
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert