About Old Navy
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you're choosing a different path. From day one, we've been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we're family.About the Role
In this role you will be accountable for driving the success of a team managing multiple product categories by creating and meeting sales, gross margin, and inventory productivity goals for the online channel. The ideal candidate is curious, innovative, and focused on executing an amazing customer experience while delivering/exceeding financial targets. They have an omni business mindset, ability to influence cross-functional partners and effectively lead a team.What You'll Do
Who You Are
- Coordinates and manages the development, execution and communication of financial plans and strategies that support the merchandising, marketing, and financial objectives of one of more departments within a division
- Develops and drives financial strategies to maximize business opportunities and to mitigate risks in partnership with cross-functional team
- Regularly assess business performance to identify risks and opportunities and make recommendations for short-, medium-, and long-term financial strategies/actions
- Lead strategy responsive/demand driven buying efforts for area
- Identify risks, opportunities during monthly OTB process, empower and enable teams to take action.
- Recommend and establish in-season pricing strategies, balancing customer experience with financial goals
- Identify opportunities for process improvement, participate as a subject-matter expert for new company initiatives
- Influence cross functional and cross channel partners to drive outcomes
- Coach and train direct reports to foster rapid skill development, identify strengths and improve performance
- Set priorities and clear expectations for team that align with those of the total channel
Benefits at Old Navy
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 4-6 years work experience, preferred
- Online/Omni channel experience and/or mindset is preferred.
- Able to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and adapt to dynamic, fast-paced, and fact-based environment
- Collaboration: Able to build constructive and effective relationships with a broad and diverse group of business partners
- Able to effectively lead and develop results-oriented teams.
- Able to develop, train and motivate individuals
- Proactively identify business issues and develop creative solutions
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we've been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row. US Candidates - Non NYC
Please note that effective, June 30, 2022, Gap Inc. will no longer require any of its employees to wear face masks or require proof of COVID vaccination, unless required by local or state/provincial mandates or as part of Gap Inc's quarantine guidelines after being exposed to or testing positive for COVID. Therefore, please disregard any language in any job posting that refers to Gap Inc.'s face mask and proof of vaccination policy as said policy is no longer effective.US Candidates - NYC
Beginning December 27, 2021 the City of New York requires all employees in the City who work on site to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless an exemption from the vaccine requirement is approved due to an accommodation for a disability, a sincerely held religious belief or other legally protected basis (including status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking or sex offenses).