Senior Infrastructure Architect
Senior Infrastructure Architect role is a hands-on position responsible for architecture across the enterprise. Primarily focuses on cloud infrastructure and a secondarily on on-premises infrastructure architecture. Will lead the platform strategy, architypes, designs for projects, project leadership, and improved support of the IT systems. Leads the design of infrastructure, data management and cloud technology initiatives in the multiple platforms. Partners with many teams across the technology and business areas. Designs and implements infrastructure and application architectures, defining standardized technology portfolios, and leading infrastructure project initiatives. Leads technology solutions implementations by coordinating and providing mentorship to the Technology Leaders, Architects, Engineers, DevOps and Operations. The role will lead several committees and architecture related projects.
- Accountable for the successful design, build, implementation of solutions including the delivery of new and improvements to existing solutions.
- Define and detail the design/redesign and system architecture of the end-to-end infrastructure to support applications. (Cloud, Server, Storage, Network, Integration, Workstation, Application)
- Reverse engineer and document architectural designs for enterprise portfolio (on-premises and in the cloud) of systems. Participate in the leadership and delivery of architecture related projects.
- Partner with application, infrastructure, and business teams to develop and review current application &/or technology architectures and recommend appropriate improvements.
- Become the architecture authority for all existing applications/technologies including their current design and data flow with a main focus on Infrastructure and cloud.
- Lead Cloud Migration projects & improvements.
- Build technology Roadmaps and lead the implementation of Tiffany's infrastructure and platforms (public cloud and on-premises) delivery model and architecture.
- Continuously learn about new technology solution offerings and recommend adoptions into the enterprise for virtual private cloud, public cloud, hybrid cloud, and on-prem solutions.
- Lead, participate in, and run the portfolio of cloud and on-premises solutions while heading up and participating in various technology groups and committees such as the Architecture Review Board, Infrastructure Review Board, and Environment Steering Committee.
- Evaluate fit by application for cloud, be responsible for implementation activities to transition and operate in the public cloud, and perform SaaS evaluations.
- Perform overall capacity planning and forecasting for IT Infrastructure and identifying and implement optimization strategies. (Cloud, Server, Storage, Network, Integration, Workstation, Application)
- Supply planning and in-line execution of FinOps and budgeting.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required
- 3+ years hands on experience with Cloud Platforms - preferably in Azure, GCP, & Aliyun
- 10+ years of experience in hands on architect role designing and implementing distributed systems on-premises. (Server, Storage, Network, Integration, Application)
- 5+ years of experience in an architecture senior or leadership role
- Experience in architecting, provisioning, and leading infrastructure, public/private/hybrid cloud, applications, and integrations across diverse platforms
- Experience with cloud technologies like AKS, Azure DevOps, Pipelines, automation, virtual servers, VPC, Azure App Service, Azure Server, Azure Storage, and subscriptions
- Solid understanding of Dev/Ops technologies and processes related to cloud and platform solutions
- In-depth technical skills in infrastructure design & server infrastructure implementation
- Experience building security reference architecture for full cloud deployments and hybrid scenarios
- Familiarity with Information Security and Compliance requirements such as Payment Card Industry (PCI), Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX), and global Data Privacy Laws
- Solid Understanding of Datacenter architectures and best practices, high-availability, capacity planning, system performance, and diagnostic techniques and methodologies.
- Good communication skills to articulate strategic recommendations to Executive Management, Architects, and Development Partners
- Knowledge in Cloud Disaster Recovery planning and testing.
- Azure, GCP, or other IT industry Certifications
- Cloud PaaS and IaaS platforms (Azure Global, Azure China, GCP, Aliyun)
- Knowledge in Linux, Windows, DB, VMWare, HCI, Network, Active Directory including Federation Services
- Experience with Scripting Languages (Terraforms)
- Experience with Middleware Technologies (IBM's ESB, Informatica Cloud, API Management)