Garment Technician, Womenswear
- Responsible for approval, continuous product and process improvement through technical quality initiatives, prevention, and risk management
- Participate in fit meetings and collaborate across functional and global teams (internally and externally) on all technical aspects to create and deliver products reflecting Tommy EU premium brand
- Onboard new vendors and provide continuous training to existing factories to enhance brand knowledge and elevate quality
- Build and maintain strong relationships with our Amsterdam teams, regional teams, vendors, and cross-functional partners globally
- Work closely with internal and external team to manage sample T&A - Assisting where prompt conversation with vendors & action is needed
Ownership and Accountability
- Own technical development of allocated Casual and Soft wovev. 90% Womenswear Jacket, Dresses, Tops, Skirts, and 10% Men and 'colab' projects
- Provide technical advice and support to PD, Merchants, Vendors, and Factories to meet set margins
- Act as the go-between for EU AMS and vendor/factory technicians to achieve the highest standard of product, in line with brand identity
- Lead and participate in communication with cross-functional teams sharing knowledge, aiding better alignment
- Ad hoc project - participate and lead global projects to create and define new SOP and best practices.
Product Execution and Risk Assessment
- Review Proto, Fit, and PPS to ensure that they conform to design specifications, sample size, and gradation for 'Right First Time' sampling and size sets
- Responsible for daily communication on design intent from Proto through to Pre-production approval. Where concerns arise, act proactively to provide cost-effective directional and production viable solutions
- Evaluate garment construction and quality to identify possible risks, and partner with a vendor to provide alternative suggestions upstream
- Maintain data Integrity - Compile, analyze and document fitting comments in in our PLM SYSTEM
- Create and continually update category/brand-specific Minimum Construction Standard manual
Vendor Support and Training
- Regularly visit the factory for face-to-face training, to see new production methods/machines, and to communicate fit comments allowing for faster approval with minimum sample iteration
- Onboard new vendors and educate existing ones to understand Tommy's DNA and handwriting to create cost-effective, production-viable samples that will not compromise on design intent, functionality, and aesthetics
- Train vendors to identify and call out potential issues concerning design interpretation, construction, measurement, workmanship, and fitting upstream
- Support FCFT, our vendor empowerment training program, and select or identify programs/styles suitable for the vendor to own the Fit Approval
- Ability to evaluate garment construction / quality to identify possible risks and provide alternative suggestions to eliminate the risks in timely manner
Internal & External Contacts
- Internal Contacts: Global and Hubs Sourcing, Global Technical Teams, Raw Material Leads
- External Contacts: Vendors, Suppliers
- Sample approval / Pattern construction / Fitting result / Quality standard
- Make decision at the best interest of brand and corporate
- Provide guidance to hubs and vendors to ensure our workflow can run seamlessly.
- Ability to work in fast-paced, team-oriented setting.
- Embrace PVH's core values: Individuality, Partnership, Passion, Integrity, and Accountability.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Diploma or above in Technical Design, Pattern Grading or equivalent preferred
- At least 5 years relevant experience
- Excellent knowledge of pattern making, construction, fitting, workmanship, grading, testing and manufacturing excellence
- Learning mindset, able to manage own self-development into take advantage of PVH U learning
- Organized and detailed oriented, takes immediate action to resolve issues and able convey technical information clearly in simple terms
- Calibrated mind set which builds good working relationships and team spirit
- Excellent communication skills to communicate effectively across the team and organization.
- Experience of PLM, knowledge of CAD for pattern making & 3D or equivalent to Browzwear
- Strong MS Office Skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint & Outlook).
- Good command of written and spoken English