Based in our Milan office, the primary function of this role will be to be part of the merchandising team and provide general support to the Director of Merchandising in developing all merchandising activities/process and deliver all materials in a timely and precisely manner.
- Development of Collections: Work closely with the Design and Development teams in the development of each Collection (follow-up of the launch roadmap, collection plan, budget, cost, purchasing negotiations.)
- Prepare benchmark and competitor analysis in term of qualitative offer and price positioning
- Support the preparation of all material and organisations of selling campaign
- Support in the preparation of Collection Briefing/Training Documents both for Wholesale and Retail Channel.
- Work in collaboration with other relevant departments, such as Design, Development, Production, Sales and Marketing to ensure appropriate processes are in place at every stage of the seasonal line production.
- Monitoring of Samples (development of the inventory, monitoring of receipt of samples, management during the showroom and collection delivery to press room)
- Prepare Ecommerce product description
- Development of Merchandising Support in Showroom (catalog, collection file, look book, labels ...)
- Organize Sell in Analysis and Sell out Analysis on a weekly basis
- Support the Merchandising team both nationally and internationally in any daily activities
- Liaise with other functions (Design, Product Development, Production, Retail, Wholesale)
The Ideal candidate
- Degree in Business or Fashion Management
- Commercially astute with the ability to identify business opportunities and streamline processes for profitability and efficiency.
- 5+ year experiences in a Merchandising role (both Collection and /or Retail) with a global luxury or contemporary brand.
- Experience of E-Commerce sales channel and the digital market place.
- Experience of influencing profitability of merchandise and collections and encouraging substantial category performance growth.
- Experience of reaching and exceeding planned profit margin through successful merchandising planning.
- Both methodical/analytical skills and understanding/sensibility of the product
- Passion and knowledge of the Fashion environment
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft office package including Power Point and Excel
- Proficient in English
- Flexible and team worker