Junior Designer - Ready to Wear
Zimmermann has an exciting career opportunity for a passionate and talented Junior designer. In this role you will be immersed into the business of fashion – you will be a key contributor in the evolution of the Ready-to-Wear Collection and Range categories.
The successful candidate will possess a personal style, creative instincts and strong design skills that can be expressed through hand illustrations and computer aided design.
As a Junior Designer, your responsibilities will include:
- Support the Creative Director and senior design team on seasonal concepts, suggesting initial story ideas across a breadth of moods.
- Research creative ideas and provide input in key design elements for your categories each season in line with the Creative Director’s vision.
- Work on concepts and final artworks for print, embroidery, and trims to develop relevant and new seasonal materials.
- Update and maintain the Runway digital design board
- Attend Design meetings during each stage of the seasonal Design process – concepting, fabric selection, colour palette development, collection structure, retail merchandise planning/buying input and garment design/silhouette.
- Produce illustrations and technical drawings for pattern maker guidance and production use.
- Assist in the preproduction for Runway updating and communicating changes from the Senior Design directors
- Participate in the design process under the label’s Creative Director and according to the business’s critical path.
- Participate in seasonal handover to Production to ensure complex finishes are correctly executed at bulk stage.
- Responsible for the correct presentation of all samples for Range Review and Press Sets checking details are up to the Creative Director’s standard and following up on alterations and corrections ahead of seasonal range reviews.
What you can bring to the role:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar role
- A fashion design degree from a respected Australian or international institution
- An understanding and connection with the Zimmermann brand aesthetic. Ability to demonstrate creative instincts and a distinct point of view. Possess clear design and communicative skills. Advanced Photoshop, Illustrator & InDesign skills. Good technical garment and fabric knowledge. Strong drawing ability
Why work with us?
- Work with high-end fashion and alongside fellow passionate and dedicated Zimmermann team members
- Bespoke development plans and access to strong mentors and industry leaders
- Ongoing Training & Development to grow your career within Zimmermann
- Generous Employee Discount
- Employee Referral Program with the opportunity to earn bonuses for successful placements
- Opportunity to progress your career within an Australian global luxury brand, including international opportunities
If you are searching for the next challenge in your career, please share your application with our hiring team.
Zimmermann is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants for employment on the basis of their individual capabilities and qualifications ensuring a strong corporate commitment to diversity and inclusion. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application to assist you through the recruitment process