Online Trade Coordinator, EMEI
7 days left
- Full Time
Overview and purpose of role:
As an Online Trade Coordinator your role is to support the Online Concessions Manager with the daily operations of concession partnerships within EMEI.
- Supporting the Online Concession Manager with day-to-day operations of external ecomm sites
- Own operational tasks such as data management, geopricing, stock checks
- Key contact with Logistics Team on deliveries
- Assist with managing the content and phasing calendar of CL product online and oversee VM sequencing
- Provide business analysis on online concessions businesses (weekly, monthly, ad hoc)
Key Operational Responsibilities:
- Supply and maintain all external ecomm master data and manage any updates needed throughout the season. As examples below – not exhaustive :
- Product assets and datas to partners to ensure collection launches are aligned to store
- Campaign assets to partners applicable to their assortment
- Support Online Concession Manager with seasonal marketing activations with partners
- Assist Online Concessions Manager with create training packs for partners with key information on the collection
- Run weekly site checks ensure product is displayed as per Christian Louboutin guidelines (imagery, product descriptions, pricing are correct).
- Work with Buying Teams to provide recommendations on VM sequencing, ensuring newness is prioritized.
- Prepare weekly and monthly trade reports
- Work with Logistics Teams to provide accurate delivery reports to partners on a weekly / monthly basis for visibility of stock.
- Support Online Concessions Manager with IT workshops where necessary
- Benchmark on partner activity to provide competitor analysis when needed
- Undertake other relevant duties as may be requested.
Skills and Requirements:
In order to deliver the main responsibilities of the role, you will need the following skills -
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Excel and PowerPoint)
- Comfortable with reporting software - experience with BI would be advantageous
- Experience with IT systems (SFTP)
- Experience using Marketplace software would be advantageous
- Experience in a digital or retail company; ideally in a luxury environment but not mandatory
- Excellent organizational and coordination skills
- Ability to prioritize
- Excellent attention to detail
- Commercial awareness
- Motivated and committed
- Proactive, dynamic and have a willingness to learn and develop
- Must be comfortable with change and willing to adapt as required to the needs of the business
- Must adhere to Company policies and procedures at all times and act with a sense of corporate responsibility, representing the brand appropriately at all times, including on social media
- Open-minded to diversity internally and externally – ready to work with different people with respect and without bias
- Someone who uses initiative with a hands-on approach
Our business and our Values:
Christian Louboutin opened his first boutique in Paris in 1992. An artist and craftsman with a true passion for shoes, his designs are unique and instantly recognizable, thanks in part to their signature and now trademarked red lacquered soles. The collections for both men and women combine wit, glamour, elegance and technical proficiency like no other. 2014 welcomed the launched of Christian Louboutin Beaute with its first nail colour, Rouge Louboutin. The collection has continued to diversify since then with the launch of lip in 2015, fragrance in 2016 and more recently a wonderful eye collection in 2017. With an extensive range of collections, Christian Louboutin now counts more than 150 boutiques globally.
Our people are at the heart of our brand.
We celebrate individuality and allow the freedom to have responsibility, autonomy and creativity within your role. Our colleagues have in common the passion and dedication to our Brand, and its continued success.
We live by our values:
We are down to earth – we stand with authenticity, integrity and respect. We have passion – we drive our business with agility, commitment and care. We have happiness in all that we do – we collaborate with positivity, open-mindedness and fun. We work with inspiration – we envision the future with confidence, creativity and freedom.
If the shoe fits, walk with us…
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
The Maison Christian Louboutin is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to recruitment practices that do not discriminate against any job applicant because of their race, color, gender, age, nationality, culture(s), religion, sex, physical or mental disability, or age. We believe that a culture of diversity and individuality fosters our core values we listed above. So, if you also share this mindset and these values and you dream of coloring your soles red as part of the Louboutin adventure, please join us!