7 days left
- Full Time
We have an exciting opportunity for a customer centric Marketing Director to work as a custodian of our 7 luxury brands. Reporting into the President of Sanderson Design Group plc (SDG) with a dotted line to the Group Marketing & Digital Director, you will work closely with key stakeholders across our business to realize and achieve the strategic and commercial growth ambition for the US and Canada. You will do this by putting customers first (insight led) and being digital first, leveraging and optimizing the full range of marketing channels to connect with people, inspire them and to do more with our bands more often.
- Work together with UK marketing and key stakeholders across the business including the commercial and design teams to achieve the strategic and commercial growth ambition
- Lead brand strategy, brand management and brand activation aligned to the business strategy for North America, including accountability for setting, communicating, and managing brand architecture and purpose with clear brand KPI’s locked in, measured, and reported
- Support the CEO of North America in representing the Brands at an elevated and luxury image
- Support the CEO of North America to grow the understanding and recognition of the Brands
- Responsible for the Public Relations in the US with strong editorial relationships and securing editorial coverage
- Spearhead and work with third parties to grow the licensing business including working with Collab society
- Ensure alignment is reached with the SDG financial department and SDG Marketing in terms of Brand development
- Driven by brand strategies and activation plans you will lead the marketing strategy and planning across key platforms to optimize customer sales, engagement, and client retention e.g., social, email, branded materials, display advertising and other marketing materials plus work with e-commerce to optimize content
- Ensure key KPI’s are set for each activity, measured, and reported
- Collaborate and direct third-party communication agency on social media, email blasts, media placement and influencer programs
- Monitor the performance of marketing agencies and freelancers
Skills & Experience
- Marketing or Business degree and/or equivalent
- A highly self-motivated brand-led individual with the ability to focus and drive to meet goals, deadlines and manage a demanding workload is key.
- At least 8 years in marketing role or editorial role
- Strong industry relationships
- Experience and knowledge of implementing successful projects/operations
- Excellent attention to detail with ability to think creatively
- Proven leadership skills
- Excellent budgetary management skills
- Customer focused
- Ability to understand and detect design trends
- Hands on experience across all primary and secondary US markets
- Elevated taste level
Sanderson Design Group is an international luxury interior furnishings company that designs, manufactures and markets wallpapers and fabrics together with a wide range of ancillary interior products.
In 2020, we brought our portfolio of brands home to Sanderson Design Group, evoking the combined longevity and prodigious creative history of our brands. Sanderson Design Group describes the ebullience of our past endeavours. It sketches the outline of our future. A collective of 7 quintessentially British luxury interior brands and 2 manufacturing brands, at Sanderson Design Group we are Sanderson, Archive, Morris & Co., Zoffany, Harlequin, Clarke & Clarke, Scion, Anstey Wallpaper Company and Standfast & Barracks.
Our purpose is "To bring the Beautiful into People’s Homes and Lives". This has defined and shaped our brands since our very earliest days. The oldest brand in our arsenal, from where we derive the namesake of our group, begun life in 1860, as an importer of fine French wallpapers to London. Arthur Sanderson & Sons Ltd played a pivotal role in defining English interior decoration tastes and its early success led to displaying designs at London’s finest showroom, at Berners Street. Around this time in 1924, Arthur Sanderson & Sons Ltd were awarded The Royal Warrant, becoming “purveyors of wallpaper and paint” to the court of George V.
We recognise that each one of our brands contributes a unique chapter to our story. It is why we represent the full spectrum of British interior design, catering from cutting-edge sleek modern styles, to the hearty warmth of traditional forms. Our decision to rebrand as Sanderson Design Group in 2020 is our way of paying homage to our rich history, as well as marking our path towards a new future. As custodians of over 160 years of design experience, we are proud to Bring the Beautiful into People’s Homes and Lives. We are Sanderson Design Group.
Sanderson Design Group is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.