Reporting To: Merchandise and Operations Manager
Based In: Shoreditch Showroom
Working Pattern: Monday to Friday
THE ROLE: The Logistics Executive will be an essential support to the team by managing business logistics and order shipments to ensure they happen efficiently and cost effectively. Strong analytical and creative problem solving skills will be at the core of this new role and will enable you to thrive with House of Hackney.
- Work hand in hand with customer services and sales team to ensure the customer expectations and delivery promises are always met
- Ensure all orders are correctly packaged (in line with Company standards). Any failures are investigated with all external agencies and are reported and escalated
- Visit warehouses and work closely with their management teams to ensure we are delivering the best service together and that optimum processes are being carried out
- Key point of contact for courier, WH and 3PL account managers, working closely to ensure efficient and accurate shipping of orders.
Innovation - customer journey
- Manage logistic integrations and monitor and report on performance. Suggest future opportunities to ensure operational efficiency
- Uphold company values and ensure the supply chain uses the most eco-friendly materials and methods possible. Liaise with suppliers and 3rd parties to ensure they are continuously updating and researching their eco methods and credentials.
- Work alongside project teams to ensure we are evolving with all sustainability options i.e.: Packaging and Transporting
- Ensure compliance of all processes and activities within the Warehouse and adherence to the Global SLAs
- Resolve urgent order fulfilment issues as they arise, especially related to shipping and logistics
- Support team internally during during shoots, sample sales and special projects by controlling stock movements and liaising with couriers
- Review and advise of improvements required to processes facilitating efficient shipment fulfilments.
- Manage day to day relationships with external 3pls, including regular reviews and discussions pertaining to documentation requirements, reporting and service enhancements, service failures etc, as well as all claims
- Support in stock take coordination, publishing results to the business. Flag any areas of concern for review for improvement.
- Ensuring your channel weekly schedule is happening on time with the key daily and weekly tasks being actioned.
- Complete EODs & EOW reports to ensure Management is well informed of all the depts activities throughout the week
- Review monthly invoices from 3PL and ensure invoices are correct. Flagging to management and areas for concern or incorrect costs
- Ensure products ship with the correct commodity codes and that correct duties are charged
- Ensure orders ship on the correct method, and that the 3PL are processing order types correctly to the customer type.
- Ensure orders ship under the correct Tax code, and method to minimise VAT charges reflecting latest Brexit regulations.
- Competent use of ERP system and understanding of end to end order flow process- flagging deviation from order flow process.
- Competent understanding of courier charges and rates, flagging areas of concern and opportunities to improve costs
IDEALLY YOU WILL HAVE*
- At least 3 years experience in a logistics role, overseeing domestic and international shipments and managing courier relationships.
- Strong understanding of import duty and commodity codes, chargeable VAT and shipment methods
- Strong analytical skills
- Proactive problem solver
- Highly organised
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience with using ERP systems, BrightPearl preferred.
- Great Excel skills
*The stated experience and background is a guide and does not preclude applications from candidates with more or less experience, provided the requisite skills can be demonstrated.
Key Department interfaces & Key relationships:
The role is pivotal to deliver results across the business. Strong relationships are paramount across all departments, mainly with Omnichannel sales, Customer Services, Ecommerce, Production and Finance as well as our external 3PL warehouses
Key Department/Position tools:
- Business and weekly Goals
- Brightpearl Manuals/ Drop Ship Manuals
- Brightpearl- ERP
- Order prioritisation doc (3PL)
As always, there are some perks:
- 22 Days Holiday Allowance + Bank Holidays + Maundy Thursday and a half-day for your birthday.
- Seasonal 4 Day Week Scheme, Fridays off all Summer.
- Cycle to Work Loan Scheme.
- PayDay Drinks every month and at least two exciting team gatherings a year, we also celebrate birthdays in the office whenever possible.
- Our water is filtered because plastic bottles are banned from the office, plenty of herbal teas, coffee, fruit & cereals are available weekly for that morning snack.
- The team is hard-working and upbeat, we often help each other and there's very little we can't conquer together.
- 30% discount across HOH products and first grabs on sample sale items.
Our House is a home for everyone. We stand for diversity, equity and inclusion. As a culture led business, we aim to be an inspiring and meaningful place for people to work and as an equal opportunities employer, we foster an environment in which every person can grow, be heard and feel like they belong.
We believe in and strive for a fully inclusive, diverse, supportive and accepting workplace where we care about people’s physical, emotional and mental wellbeing. Our Housemates are open-minded people from a range of backgrounds and lived experiences who share our values and culture, and we are committed to continually learning and evolving, to ensure that our House remains a safe and fair space for all who come through its doors.
*Sorry, we are not able to offer visa sponsorship or remote working.