Buying Admin Assistant
Hush is a fast-growing fashion and lifestyle brand, founded 18 years ago by Mandy Watkins and now established as one of the UK’s leading online fashion retailers. We employ around 150 staff in our head office and across 30 John Lewis concessions, creating and selling a beautiful range of women’s clothing and accessories that are characterised by an elegant simplicity and laidback sense of style. Despite the challenges to the retail industry over the past 2 years, hush has continued grow – but our company culture still reflects our entrepreneurial roots and relaxed aesthetic – we love hard-working and talented people with a can-do attitude and a passion for what they do.
To provide administrative support to the Buying team by placing product orders, monitoring deliveries, and maintaining the sample library.
- Provide general administrative duties including, managing the post, updating, and filing all product related data, opening all courier parcels and collating and processing invoices for the category.
- Raise the purchase orders for the department and maintain and amend through product lifecycle.
- Manage and co-ordinate sample requirements for the department including chasing all sealing samples, sample storage and managing the sample requirements for different areas of the business such as marketing and web photography.
- Ensure all product is with the tech team for fit meetings and attend when required Carry out comp shops to develop and maintain knowledge of the current marketplace and feedback to team.
- Assist the team in preparing for range meetings, including sample pulling and sign off documents
- Help the buyer with the approvals process and manage product storage including lab dips, yarn dips and bulk submissions.
- Ownership over the departmental critical path; working with the Buyer to ensure timely deliveries of stock.
- Approachable with excellent communication skills
- Strong team player
- Previous experience as a Buyers Admin would be preferred
- Knowledge of Word, Outlook and Excel including being comfortable with Excel formulae and pivot tables. As well as knowledge of any product development/order management systems
- Thrives in a fast paced and challenging environment
- Strong organisational and time management skills with the ability to work well under pressure
- High attention to detail
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications are encouraged from individuals regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships