Critical and strategic position primarily responsible for the direct management of all store types in the Americas, reporting into the Vice President of Store Planning and Construction to ensure optimal project delivery for Tiffany & Co.'s retail and trade projects ensuring absolute luxury quality on budget and on schedule. The Director, working in close collaboration with the market leads and Regional Directors is responsible for strategically planning workflow, prioritizing expansions, and managing remodels, and cosmetic upgrades for all retail and trade construction projects within the Americas. The Director will oversee a team of internal project managers and outside consultants and contractors to ensure that the strategic vision and needs of the region, combined with Tiffany's global design and planning requirements, are being met. The Director will be expected to create and or augment existing systems to increase efficiencies and reduce costs. Key Accountabilities:
- Provide strategic and tactical leadership to ensure optimal project and brand delivery.
- Create a culture that insures the highest standard of performance and quality from construction, sourcing, vendors and peers.
- Continuously evaluate performance of internal and external resources; propose and implement changes as required to ensure an optimally functioning organization and a high-performance vendor and consultant resource pool.
- Negotiate and coordinate design and technical requirements, strategic scheduling and upfront planning, budgeting and hiring.
- Develop and foster a design and business acumen accounting for regional context, clientele, and practices.
- Oversee and coordinate regional Store Planning teams to ensure timely completion of punch lists before store opening. Set systems in place to close out projects within 1 month of opening.
- Liaise with regional leads to strategically plan, budget, prioritize, and assess new locations and renovations. Help determine what is right for the business.
- In collaboration with Divisional Finance and Legal leadership:
- Establish competitive bidding, contract administration and project related legal and financial controls; monitor to ensure compliance by all regions. Continually evaluate and propose modifications to ensure optimal performance.
- Establish qualification process and standards for project related: consultants, vendors, and construction service providers; monitor to ensure compliance of quality, budget and schedule. Continually evaluate and propose modifications to ensure optimal performance.
- Regularly visit completed projects with members of team, store design and procurement to perform post-opening project audits. Identify areas of needed improvement and institute changes to implement improvements in project development, project delivery, materials and assemblies.
- Support Store Design with their on-going research and development programs. In collaboration with Store Design and Procurement, identify and support the prototyping of project components.
- Evaluate and report on performance of regional teams; propose changes as required.
- Identify regional efficiencies, resources and practices for sourcing across regional projects.
- Work in collaboration with Global Procurement to propose and implement programs to identify efficiencies.
- Review with real estate department lease requirements for all new locations.
- Review with the project managers architectural drawings, shop drawings and renderings .
- Ability to provide value engineering directions.
- 8+ years' experience with Architecture and/or Construction degree and background
- Strong interpersonal, communication, project management and people management skill
- Demonstrated self-starter with ability to organize teams around competing priorities
- Experience effectively working with cross-functional teams and fostering collaborative thinkin
- Client focused with ability to create alignment