Department Manager - Heathrow
At Burberry, we believe creativity opens spaces. Our purpose is to unlock the power of imagination to push boundaries and open new possibilities for our people, our customers and our communities. This is the core belief that has guided Burberry since it was founded in 1856 and is central to how we operate as a company today.
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to being a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities.
We are looking for a Department Manager to join our team in London Heathrow on a full-time basis. In this role you will support the Store Manager to drive category performance with supervision of sales team to ensure great customer experiences. Driving sales goal attainment and providing real-time performance coaching to drive the overall Burberry Experience and Burberry Behaviours.
- Lead sales associates to improve overall selling skills and close sales in order to achieve sales goals and KPIs
- Work to drive sales for an assigned category including partnering with the Store Manager on sell-through, team training on assigned category
- Lead a high performing customer facing and service orientated team. Coach and provide feedback to the team as necessary to ensure all customers serviced in the store are given the full Burberry Experience in line with brand strategies
- Manage the customer flow to ensure the best possible service and that no client is left unattended. Set the pace and standard to deliver excellent service to customers
- Drive partnership on the selling floor between sales associates, specialists, stock and operations team
- Coach "in the moment" and after every transaction and client interaction, reach out to associates to talk through the successes and opportunities and ensure proper follow-through on follow up actions
- Working closely with the Store Manager to develop and retain talented employees, by recognising and rewarding performance through monthly development plans and annual performance reviews
- Lead the integration of new joiners to the business
- Lead by example by delivering the Burberry Experience to customers when necessary
- Partner with Store Manager and Training to take ownership of Burberry Experience training within the store. Use morning and weekly meetings to constantly reinforce key elements of the Burberry Experience through role-play, providing tips and talking through difficulties of individual associates.
- Resolve difficult customer issues and escalate to management when necessary.
- In absence of store management, responsible for processing post-void transactions, authorising promotional discounts and employee sales
- Drive the digital experience in store and use digital resources to communicate whenever face-to-face is not possible.
- Hold a good understanding of the business and effectively communicate needs and ideas to bring the business to next level
- Possess a thorough understanding of company policies and procedures and consistently follow and enforce company guidelines on operations
- Create and maintain an open, positive and harmonious work environment
- Assist with the opening and closing of store which includes securing doors, windows and merchandise, successful alarming of store and POS procedures
- Additional duties as required.
- Previous experience in the role in Luxury driving a department's sales and profitability while maintaining exceptional customer service standards
- Commercial awareness, you will have had exposure working towards sales related KPIs
- In-depth understanding of clients' expectations and what a luxury service entails
- Ability to demonstrate excellent leadership and people management skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, ability to be flexible and adapt to change
- Genuine interest and love for fashion and styling paired with excellent product knowledge
- Organised, able to prioritise and problem solve while working with pace
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Posting Notes: United Kingdom || Not Applicable || London || RETAIL OFFLINE || MAINLINE || n/a ||
Founded in 1856, Burberry today remains quintessentially British, with outerwear at its core. Digital luxury positioning and intensive focus on design innovation, quality and heritage icons of the trench coat, trademark check and Prorsum knight, ensure continued brand purity and relevance globally across genders and generations.
At Burberry, every individual, every team and every function, shares an incredible passion for the brand and is guided by a ‘brand-first’ mind-set. Decisions are evaluated through the lens of the long-term health and vitality of the Burberry brand.
Burberry believes that in order to be a great brand it must also be a great company. Inspired by three Core Values - Protect, Explore, Inspire - rooted in the brand’s heritage and continually informing its guiding principles, Burberry leverages its compassionate and creative thinking culture to continually innovate and drive the brand forward.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert