LN-CC Assistant Buyer
Location: London, E8
Hours: Full time
LN-CC first launched in 2010 and quickly became recognised for its unique space and offering of luxury fashion houses fused with emerging talent.
Tucked away in the lower levels of a former boxing club in Dalston, the physical store includes a club, library and record shop, connecting innovators from fashion, music and art to transform the space into a cultural and social hub. Dalston is known for its diversity, and just like LN-CC has experienced a gradual regeneration.
Without losing any of its core values LN-CC has advanced it's contemporary and more notably, conscious offering to evolve with the next generation, establishing itself as an industry leading global-reaching fashion platform.
LN-CC is looking for an Assistant Buyer to join the Buying team, based in Dalston, London.
The role will report into our Buyers and will be a unique position working across both Menswear and Womenswear.
We are looking for someone with 1-2 years’ experience in a similar role, who has an eye for product, and an entrepreneurial approach.
You must be able to perform administrative and operational tasks to support the Buying and Merchandising team. You must be creative with a strategic mind-set and have an ability to turn concepts into action continually looking to drive the business forward with new ideas. You will be required to think strategically as well as manage your day-to-day responsibilities. This role may involve travel to key markets to conduct the seasonal buy.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist the buyer to maintain awareness of all fashion and market trends and new brands or designers and review them as potential suppliers.
- Assist the buyer to capture all relevant commercial and product information from buying appointments and attend key appointments with the buyer when required.
- Maintain buying spreadsheets for own departments and keep Open to Buy up to date.
- Management of all hard launches across the business communicating with partners, logistics, store management, studio, and creative.
- Work as a key LN-CC point of contact supporting with partner communications, ensuring proper receipt flow and tracking deliveries.
- Uses management information systems to appropriately manage product inventories.
- Communicates and partners with other departments as well as attends internal meetings to ensure proper information flow about deliveries, exclusives, product launches and others
- Compiles and reviews financial data, ensuring accuracy for merchandising decisions.
- Analysing weekly trading reports, proactively identifying strong/slow sellers and proposing repeat orders to Buyer.
- Organise and administer stock swaps.
- Working across all departments to ensure is optimized across product pages and A-Z listing.
- Work directly with styling team to communicate high volume/carryover items to be used across styling and increase commercial opportunities.
- Arranging and organizing all buying appointments.
- Organising and booking travel and accommodation arrangements for all buyers and show tickets.
- Directly assisting Buying and Creative Director.
- Performs additional administrative tasks as required.
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- 1-2 years’ experience in a similar role, and within the luxury fashion sector.
- Results driven with an ability to demonstrate examples of implementing a strategy to achieve growth.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to think outside the box and bring ideas to the table.
- Strong organisation and time management skills, with the ability to plan, and prioritise.
- Can build strong relationships in order to work effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Keen to progress and develop within a growing team.