The Zalando Community of Practice brings together over 190+ product designers, each with their own unique mix of skills (Strategy, UX, UI, Service Design and specialty skills like motion design, branding, creative technology and typography).
We combine empathy, science and creativity to make engaging and joyful user experiences to ultimately reimagine fashion. To us, fashion is a way to enable people to connect and to bring them together, to express themselves, to create change and facilitate diversity.
Product Designers steer this change on a variety of missions within a diverse range of business units. This one listing represents a variety of openings
within Zalando: B2C work driving our core business; B2B work that will help us achieve our platform strategy; and employee-facing (B2E) software design to make us all more effective.
Would you like to hear more from our Product Design community? Kaan Lutfi Caglar, a Principal Product Designer, shared his working day in our ongoing series on the Medium blog.INCLUSIVE BY DESIGN
At Zalando, our vision is to be the starting point for fashion - one that is inclusive by design. We only assess candidates based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. We welcome applications from people of all gender identities, sexual orientations, personal expressions, racial identities, ethnicities, religious beliefs, and disability statuses. We only want to know why you're great for this role, so please avoid including your picture, age, and marital status in your CV as well.
We want to provide you with a great candidate experience. Please feel free to inform us of any accommodations you may need, so we can best support and assist you throughout the hiring process.
do.BETTER - our diversity & inclusion strategy: https://corporate.zalando.com/en/diversity-inclusion
Our employee resource groups: https://corporate.zalando.com/en/diversity-inclusion/our-employee-resource-groups WHY YOU SHOULD BE INTERESTED...
We're looking for a principal product designer to support the small, fast-growing product design team for Zalando Connected Network.
- You will work closely with your Product and Engineering counterparts to own and drive various design initiatives for B2B and Enterprise.
- Within a small team of product designers you will envision and build various aspects of the partner journey - things like stock performance, operations management and logistics.
- You'll also contribute to the design of various internal tools we are creating for our internal business and operations team.
To drive these initiatives, you will have direct exposure towards our suppliers/partners and internal business stakeholders as users and customers of these products. You will bring experience in B2B, Service and UX design and, ideally, some knowledge of LogisticsWE'D LOVE TO MEET YOU IF...
- Discovery: You're experienced in helping UX Designers, User Researchers and Product Managers lay a credible and motivational foundation of customer insights for a defined problem space. You jointly plan methodologies, participate in research, shape and interpret quant and qual data, and help assess whether the problem is worth solving.
- Product Definition: Working closely with PMs, you contribute texts, high-level visuals (e.g. storyboards), press releases, and other problem definition communications. You define holistic customer journeys that PMs and other designers draw from.
- Solution Design: You generate multiple solutions to complex problems and evaluate which one to follow further. You ensure technical feasibility of designs and leverage technology to improve experiences. Your solutions are scalable.
- Delivery: You scope and define deliverables and ensure developers have everything they need to build the designed solution. You ensure a remarkable quality of what goes live.
In close collaboration with other designers, user researchers, product managers, engineering managers, and data scientists, your team will deliver best-in-class user experiences to lead the fashion industry.
As part of a growing design management circle, you will step up to drive specific design operations topics like design critique, onboarding or team rituals - and to actively contribute to overarching topics that affect us all (e.g. hiring, team health, diversity and inclusion).ZALANDO BENEFITSCareer Development
- We offer peer-to-peer performance reviews twice a year
- Learn and develop through our extensive Zalando training platform
- Join regular all-hands, team meetings, Q&A-sessions, and quarterly anonymous employee surveys to ask your questions and provide your feedback
- Support from an international team of experts; mentoring and professional development opportunities
- 2 days paid leave per year for volunteering
- Minimum of 27 holiday days per calendar year
- Online sports courses, wellbeing, and nutrition advice offered by Humanoo personal wellbeing coach app
- Mental wellbeing support by our Employee Assistance Program and professional consultants to help you find health resources
- Flexible working hours
- Relocation assistance for internationals
- If you work from an office in your role, a choice of office equipment to be delivered to you, to support you working from home due to COVID-19 safety
- Access to the employee shares program
- 40% shopping discount on products shipped and sold by Zalando, and 30% discount on Zalando Lounge
- Discounts from a wide range of external partners
- Employee parents' forums and employee resource group
- Supported transition into and out of parental leave, with a buddy and re-onboarding plan
- 3 fully-paid child sick days per year
- Free counselling, assistance, and referral service for all matters concerning yourself and your family via the Fürstenberg Institute
It's the perfect time to join Zalando on our journey, from being a pioneer in the world of e-commerce, to the starting point for fashion in Europe. We connect customers, brands, and partners across 23 markets.
Help us drive digital and sustainable solutions for fashion, logistics, advertising and research, bringing head-to-toe fashion to more than 46 million active customers through a team of diverse skill-sets, cultural backgrounds, and interests.
Our values: https://jobs.zalando.com/en/our-founding-mindset
do.More - our sustainability strategy: https://corporate.zalando.com/en/sustainability
Follow us on Instagram: instagram.com/insidezalando
Please note that all applications must be completed using the online form - we do not accept applications via email.