Lab & Color Operations Manager
SWIM USA is the premiere designer and manufacturer of women's swimwear located in Nazareth, PA. We are 84 years young and seeking a dynamic and experienced Lab and Color Operations Manager to join our team.
The Lab & Color Operations Manager monitors' fabric quality and color consistency from sample stage through production. This is including inspection, physical and colorfastness testing for internal brands, private label, and retailer standards. Assistance in fabric sourcing, color corrections/approvals and the testing of new fabrics.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise testing of fabric samples and production
- Maintain fabric specification files
- Maintain minimum performance standards by customer
- Test, compare and report on new fabric developments
- Report on and aid in resolving fabric quality issues
- Resolve 3rd party testing fabric failures
- Prepare in-house test reports for customers
- Manage and supervise PD Lab team and work closely to ensure alignment with fabric testing and color decisions. This includes all lab dip, print strike-offs, and 1st production submit approvals
- Assists team with color corrections on prints and approves recurrent production submits for all solids and prints
- Set color standards, monitor, and update as necessary
- Maintain shade bands on every color/fabric
- Communicate with suppliers on fabric or color variations from standard and any other issues
- Release domestic goods based on passing colorfastness tests and color matching
- Complete Zwick (elongation & modulus) tests as needed
- Review and rate colorfastness tests daily. This includes light and chlorinated pool tests as needed
- Maintain Lab equipment including calibrations and ordering supplies and chemicals
- All other duties as assigned by Senior Product Development & Fabric Manager
Education: Degree in Textile Materials Technology, Textile Engineering, Textile Design, or equal experience.
Experience: Minimum 7 to 10 years' experience in fabric manufacturing to include knitting, weaving, dyeing, finishing, printing, color and/ or fabric testing. Familiarity with 4 Point system for QC on textiles.
Skills: Ability to make quality and color decisions based on test results and industry experience. Organize and supervise workflow in lab. Develop test methods related to fabric and trim usage in a garment. Superior color discrimination according to the Munsell 100-hue color test. Knowledge of AATCC and ASTM test methods.
Travel: Occasional travel to trade shows, Printers, Mills, New York offices, AATCC meetings and suppliers
Working Conditions: office/home (hybrid schedule)
Physical Demands: Must be able to stand, sit and walk for 8 hrs.
All candidates must provide proof of at least 1 (one) Covid vaccination at the time an offer is made or contact the SWIM USA Human Resources team, if eligible for an exemption.
SWIM USA is an EOE