SWIM USA is the premiere designer and manufacturer of women's swimwear located in New York, NY. We are 84 years young and seeking a dynamic Fabric Coordinator to join our expanding team. We offer an industry-leading benefit package including generous PTO and health benefits after 30 days.
Works with Designers and Product Managers to develop/source fabric to execute the aesthetic expectations, appearance, hand feel and finish, as well as price point, quality, and testing requirements for each designated brand.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Supports Product Development process to ensure daily, communication and RM deadlines are met for all developments and/or sourcing projects.
- Manage standardization, second sourcing and execution of fabric developments within parameters of our production sourcing strategy.
- Work closely with the Lab Manager and Product Management team to ensure streamline testing for all color or strike off approvals.
- Own and drive to solutions in both development and bulk production through collaborative efforts with cross functional partners.
- Partner with mills and vendors to resolve any RM development related issue that may surface through the product lifecycle.
- Facilitate adoption/drop ratios for all NY-based brands for Leadership Presentation on a quarterly basis
- Work closely with Product Development team to support lab dip, print and bulk SOP's.
- Reviews and assesses raw material FDS and test reports. Proactive approach to risk assessment during development.
- Attend fabric trade shows and meet with core suppliers for new and existing raw materials.
- Contribute to ongoing Trend, Concept and Sustainability initiatives.
- Maintain fabric data entry and updates to internal PLM system
- Help define process improvement strategies for PLM.
- Review and approve color of bulk production samples for Private Label Business to ensure it is within color tolerance
- Daily communication with overseas suppliers to ensure development is executed to standard
- Manage development calendar and tools to ensure development is completed per T&A deadlines.
Education: College degree preferred; or relevant experience required
Experience: Minimum of 4-5 years' experience (in fabric and color).
Skills: PLM, Adobe Photoshop, and Illustrator a plus.
Travel: as required
Working Conditions: Hybrid /office
Physical Demands: Must be able to stand, sit, and walk 8 hours/day.
All candidates MUST provide proof of at least 1 (one) COVID vaccination at the time an offer is made, or contact the SWIM USA Human Resources team, if eligible for an exemption.
SWIM USA is an EOE