Job Summary: The Pattern Maker will take swimsuit design from first pattern to final production.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- To translate a design sketch or vendor technical package into a fitted garment at the highest quality level using fit models and dress forms
- To execute the pattern and sewing construction for mass production, in an efficient and cost effective manner
- To create/ oversee building of technical package for patterns they create
- To meet all pattern deadlines based on priorities set by product managers, internal and vendor calendars
- To communicate with agents/factories regarding any pattern or sewing questions
- To review grading of patterns and specs for spec accounts(those who have specific requirements as to fit and grade rules)
- To attend fittings of factory samples and communicate verbally comments to technical designer for sending to the factory
- To create and build sloper libraries and tech package templates
- Mark patterns with correct information
- Be able to meet deadlines
Education: High School or equivalent, Bachelor’s degree in Fashion Design, or Associate in pattern making
Experience: A minimum of 2 years hands on working experience as a Pattern Maker
- Computer knowledge of pattern technology Computer knowledge of basic computer skills Knowledge of physical draping preferred Knowledge of fundamental skills in pattern making The ability to communicate clearly to sewers, manufacturers, and vendors Knowledge of working with swimwear fabrics is preferred The ability to understand the risk of decisions and how they affect the production process Create alternative solutions to designer/customer The ability to be a technical resource to design team and Product Manager The ability to relay fit comments to Associates when necessary The ability to consider the fabric used for swimwear and evaluate fit Knowledge of illustrator is preferred
Working Conditions: office, warehouse, and other (Mon thru Fri, 8 hrs. /day. Over time as needed)
Travel: Occasional travel to New York City location.
- Must be able to stand, sit, and walk 8 hours/day Vision requirements correctable to 20/20 vision
*All candidates MUST provide proof of at least 1 (one) COVID vaccination at the time an offer is made, or contact the SWIM USA Human Resources team, if eligible for an exemption.