Job Role: Retoucher
Reporting to: Retouching Manager
Location: Head Office, West London
Contract type: Full Time
Workplace Type: Hybrid
Closing Date: 10/08/2022
ME+EM is one of the UK’s fastest-growing luxury fashion brands. As a direct-to-consumer business we operate in a truly multi-channel sense with six London stores, as well as concessions in Harrods and Selfridges, supporting a rapidly expanding global digital business. In the past 12 months sales have more than doubled to over £50m, and we now sell in more than 75 countries.
We are an entrepreneurial, creative, and passionate group of people. We work hard, are enthusiastic to learn and aren't afraid to take risks. Everyone contributes to our success at all levels, and that's precisely what makes being a member of the team so rewarding.
Our goal is to make ME+EM as diverse and inclusive as we possibly can and so, with that in mind, we have put into place processes and targets to help us achieve that goal. We make sure everyone has a voice with annual engagement surveys, employee-led committees, focus groups and quarterly town hall meetings. We pride ourselves on being approachable, supportive, and welcoming and ensure that everyone’s hard work is rewarded.
About the Role:
With dedication, care and obsession for details we set the retouching standard above other premium and luxury brands. We retouch at high level from Ecomm to Campaign and we have the privilege to work with great photographers. In order to succeed in the industry and keep building a strong team, we keep our retouchers motivated and up to date with the latest trends, techniques and technologies.
- Ability to work with multiple layers in a non-destructive way
- Retouch both e-com and Creative projects to their highest standards
- Colour match with precision and consistency
- Strong knowledge of masks, adjustment layers and smart objects
- Critical eye for detail, fabric texture and shape
- Strong ability on skin retouching, colour matching, CMYK proof
- High-end techniques are essential to keep the retouching as natural and real as possible
- Experience with Capture One preferable
Skills and Experience Required:
- Must have at least 2 years proven experience in a retouching role
- Confident in creating seamless images that delight
- Able to retouch with creativity, care and precision
- Passionate about photography, colour and postproduction
- Innovative, creative and a forward-thinker
- Willing to develop, learn, take direction and take on new responsibilities and tasks
- Flexible on picking up new processes and guidelines
- 25 days annual leave + 8 bank holidays and a day off to celebrate your birthday
- Discretionary annual bonus scheme
- Generous Staff Discount of up to 70% off
- Various Health and Wellbeing insurances
- Cycle to Work and Tech Scheme
- Length of Service Award
- Refer a friend incentive scheme
- Monthly social and wellbeing events, annual summer, and Christmas parties
- Mental Health Awareness and First Aid training
- Sample sales
- Real Living Wage Employer
Please note, due to the large number of applications we receive, we can only reply to those that are successful to the next stage.