About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments - but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands - Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy and Athleta - have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we're more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it's why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It's why we're committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us. About the Role
The Category Manager II/ Manager Strategy of Strategic Sourcing drives competitive advantage and value creation for sourcing initiatives which they manage. The individual in this role has responsibility to negotiate and execute complex transactions between Gap business units and suppliers for acquisition of software licensing, hardware items, telecommunications circuits and delivery, cloud solutions and related support and professional services. They will manage all aspects of sourcing, including the negotiation of contract terms and pricing, spend and data analysis, process and policy compliance, market research, and the facilitation of ongoing supplier management conversations. The Category Manager II will own planning, implementation, and execution of sourcing strategy for specific areas of focus. The Category Manager II will be responsible for developing strong relationships with business partners and key leaders internally and externally at various levels.What You'll Do
Who You Are
- Implement and Refine sourcing strategies through strong technical/functional knowledge, in support of the business' short-term and long-term plans. Has deep understanding of key strategic sourcing functions (RFI, RFP, RFQ, supplier selection, market intelligence, business partner management, contract management, negotiations, SRM, etc.)
- Lead Contract Negotiations for Moderately Complex Suppliers from review of initial agreement through negotiation of commercial terms, leveraging a strong understanding of legal and business language in driving to the optimal agreement in support of business objectives.
- Achieve defined category performance targets; hold vendors accountable to performance agreements and implement course corrections and mitigation strategies as needed
- Build and strengthen strategic relationships: successfully partner across functions and levels with internal stakeholders, external suppliers, Legal, Finance, GapTech and Brands to drive results and influence change
- External Focus: Has a significant Technology and Software subject matter knowledge and regularly leverages industry experts, associations, peers and stakeholders to identify and benchmark best practices
- Leverage strong influencing skillsto define Strategic Sourcing's role and align objectives and targets with stakeholders, including senior leadership
- Provide guidance and mentorship on Strategic Sourcing technical knowledge to junior team members
- Balance speed and urgency with all negotiations, delivering agreements that minimize risk and maximize value to our stakeholders.
- Focus for this role: Stores and Enterprise Hardware Needs and related software/support contracts
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Business Acumen: category expertise in Technology categories (Software, Hardware, Telecommunications, Services). Retail knowledge also a plus.
- Ability to interact with senior leaders and demonstrate a professional presence.
- Ability to learn and quickly develop subject matter expertise.
- Strategic Orientation: experience leveraging business acumen, market intelligence, and insight to influence and drive strategic impact in technology focused categories. Proven ability to assess and adapt to dynamic business environment.
- Sourcing Capability: manage, plan, and execute complex, global categories to drive short and long-term results through category strategies, leveraging in-depth market knowledge, collaboration and influencing at all levels of a global organization. Excellent planning and prioritization skills with ability to adapt to change quickly.
- Personal Leadership: demonstrated executive presence, presentation, influencing, and collaboration across a leadership team.
- Change Leadership: experience leading without authority to influence others and drive decision-making
- Experience: 6+ years professional experience in management consulting, strategic sourcing, technology or supply chain
- Experience in a dynamic organization with experience in sourcing
- Familiarity with various software licensing models (perpetual, subscription, SaaS, etc.) , hardware terminology, telecommunications technology concepts, and related metrics (users, MRC, CPUs, cores, etc.)
- Familiarity with asset management, virtual and cloud computing concepts
- Hands on experience reviewing and redlining technology contracts.
- Experience planning and leading negotiations from business concept through contract execution.
- One of the most competitive paid time off plans in the industry
- Merchandise discount for our brand products at franchise stores and their websites
- Comprehensive health coverage for employees, same-sex partners and their families
- Health and wellness program: free annual health check-ups, fitness center and Employee Assistance Program
- Comprehensive benefits to support the journey of parenthood
- Retirement planning assistance
- See more of the benefits we offer.
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we've been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row. US Candidates - Non NYC
Please note that effective, June 30, 2022, Gap Inc. will no longer require any of its employees to wear face masks or require proof of COVID vaccination, unless required by local or state/provincial mandates or as part of Gap Inc's quarantine guidelines after being exposed to or testing positive for COVID. Therefore, please disregard any language in any job posting that refers to Gap Inc.'s face mask and proof of vaccination policy as said policy is no longer effective.US Candidates - NYC
Beginning December 27, 2021 the City of New York requires all employees in the City who work on site to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless an exemption from the vaccine requirement is approved due to an accommodation for a disability, a sincerely held religious belief or other legally protected basis (including status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking or sex offenses).