Freelance Social Media Manager
Louisa Ballou is hiring for a Freelance Social Media Manager to work with our marketing team on a rolling monthly basis to continue to develop and expand the brand’s social media presence.
This role will involve both developing and deploying a customised social media content strategy for Louisa Ballou, ensuring the creation of compelling content for all social media channels, website, email newsletters, and digital ads.
This role will work directly with our Art Director to create beautiful assets that drives engagement, conversions, and sales, and bolsters brand recognition while building community amongst Louisa Ballou’s social media audience.
The ideal candidate will be able to oversee and execute social media strategy, content creation (from ideation through to budgeting, photoshoot production, and asset management), and analytics analysis and reporting.
The ideal candidate should also have a somewhat flexible schedule that allows for their presence on photoshoot sets, on weekly calls with key stakeholder and team members, and at seasonal branded events.
- Develop and execute a custom strategy for social media platforms, while continually evolving and adjusting content to meet and/or exceed metric targets, including but not limited to, engagement, follower growth, impressions, reach, site traffic, revenue, etc.
- Develop and manage the content calendar and deadlines for all projects across channels including social media, email, blog, and site placements in collaboration with creative & marketing teams
- Oversee content from conception to completion for editorials, photo shoots, etc., with a full understanding of online and offline best practices
- Create meaningful, engaging content and copy across formats and channels, including Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest and TikTok
- Ensure content and copy supports the brand voice and aesthetic in a compelling, engaging, useful, and delightful way
- Analyse social performance to improve opportunities, performance, and partnerships. Report out social performance on a monthly cadence
- Support key creative team members and outside PR as needed
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience in Brand Marketing, Social Media Management or similar background
- A natural “people person” and team player with a can-do attitude and a self-starter mentality
- Experience, knowledge, and understanding of social channels (Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, TikTok, etc.) and how content for each platform can be used most efficiently
- Understanding of Adobe Photoshop and Premiere is a plus
- Ideal candidate is both analytical and creative
- Known for your outstanding time management and project management skills (you see projects through to completion and deliver results)