Senior Construction Project Manager
- Tory Burch
- Jersey City, NJ, United States
- Closing date
- 3 Feb 2023
- Senior Manager
You are seeking a work environment where people are encouraged to dream, explore, discover and, as important, laugh together. If you're prepared to work hard, create impact, and have fun while doing it, we would love to have you join #TeamTory. Apply today!
Life @ToryBurch is Special Because:
When you join us, you're joining a global, purpose-led company on an exciting growth journey with an amazing culture and great benefits.
- Our culture is welcoming and inclusive -- everyone is empowered to make a difference.
- We have the best team in the world and believe in paying competitively and rewarding for high performance.
- Your overall well-being is important to us; we offer generous benefits to help you take care of your mental and physical health, create financial security, and achieve wellness in all areas of your life.
- We love seeing our employees wear our beautiful collections. You'll receive a generous employee discount and access to exclusive sample sales.
- We are invested in your professional growth - you'll have access to free executive coaching on-demand.
- We believe in the importance of giving back and you'll have many opportunities to do just that through the Tory Burch Foundation and paid volunteer days.
This Role is Tailor-Made for You Because:
You are responsible for overseeing the project management and execution of the construction process to successfully complete new store and remodel projects including taking lead on initiating, planning, estimating, resourcing, scheduling and budgeting.
A Day in the Life:
The typical day is... atypical. You might..
- Conduct site evaluations/survey visits of new store locations as required
- Review and incorporate Landlord requirements and lease agreements
- Review architectural drawings prior to permit submission and bidding to ensure accurate and up to date design specifications
- Prepare preliminary construction budgets based on project and lease requirements, and keep track of ongoing costs
- Oversee project bid process, review, qualify and awarding of contracts, assist in proposal development and contract negotiations
- Manage coordination of SBO items, through interfacing with proprietary vendors/contractors, directing work from technical, professional, or administrative areas
- Quality review and assurance: Monitor construction progress via multiple site visits during the course of project timeline, anticipate potential problems, identify conflicts, take corrective action, resolve issues and escalate when necessary
- Interface with the Design, Real Estate, Store Operations, IT, LP and field leadership teams in the store development process
- Oversee and coordinate turnover process, including all punch list responsibility, ensuring all items complete
- Facilitate close out of project paperwork, receipt of any Tenant Allowance within target timelines
- Manage and continuously improve the value engineering process
- Partner with Office Services Team and Store Maintenance to execute projects at the offices and stores that are consistent with brand and most updated store design
- Manage change order process
To Land This Role:
- Bachelor's degree in Architecture or related area
- 7+ years retail construction management experience in high end/luxury retail
- Highly motivated, self-starter
- Strong sense of urgency
- High level written and oral communication skills mandatory
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Knowledge of lease process and documentation
- High level understanding of Construction process and Mechanical systems
- Market knowledge of construction trade and variables
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, working in high volume capacity
- Solid decision-making skills based on changing conditions
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project
- Ability to travel required
Why You'll Want to Join Our Team:
Our Store Design & Construction team is a strategic group of creatives and project managers focused on providing a one-of-a-kind experience for customers from the moment they step inside our boutiques. We do this by building a welcoming store environment, bringing Tory's vision to life with unique displays and fixtures at every new location and with every renovation. Our work balances the dream with practicality — we care about the aesthetics and the electrical! — and we love taking a blueprint from concept to concrete reality. As we continue to expand our global footprint and scale, we invite you to join us!
How We Work Together
- Adaptable - We change before we have to
- Entrepreneurial - We own it
- Collaborative - There's no "I" in Tory
- Client & Brand Focused - We put ourselves in Tory's shoes
- Live the Values - We show up for each other
- Functional Expertise - We're constantly learning and growing
We show up with honesty & kindness, act with integrity & compassion, work with passion & humility and lead with excellence & humor.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Tory Burch LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to an individual's age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) or sexual orientation, gender expression, military status, marital status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, disability or membership in any other protected class under applicable law. Likewise, we will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Ordinance No. 184652. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.
Tory Burch is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require assistance or an accommodation with the hiring process, please contact email@example.com .
Tory Burch is an American lifestyle brand that embodies the personal style and sensibility of its Chairman, CEO and Chief Creative Officer, Tory Burch. Launched in February 2004, the collection includes ready-to-wear, shoes, handbags, accessories, watches, home and beauty. There are more than 200 Tory Burch boutiques across North America, Europe, the Middle East, Latin America and Asia, and the brand is available at over 3,000 department and specialty stores worldwide and toryburch.com. In 2015, the Company introduced Tory Sport, a performance activewear collection that celebrates the elegance of sport. Inspired by the grace and strength of athletes. Tory Sport balances high-tech fabrics with classic design.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert