The Product Set Up Manager is responsible for leading the development of best in class product styling methods, innovative case line presentations and storytelling. They will establish our global visual merchandising standards that support the brand aesthetic and strategic priorities.
- Establish, and evolve, visual merchandising standards to reflect current product assortments, initiatives and product strategies.
- Define the in-store Global Display Standards.
- Develop visual merchandising plans and global guidance in partnership with Operations team.
- Drive and oversee process of product presentation including photography and / or renderings ensuring visuals are of appropriate caliber and brand aesthetic.
- Partner with Communications team on the scheduling, asset delivery and development of Global VM styling guidelines.
- Partner with CVM Training team on development of training modules.
PRODUCT STYLING & EVENT SUPPORT
- Define merchandise selections for all creative campaigns based on company initiatives and product focus.
- Partner with In-Store Designers on new collateral, providing feedback and advising on product layouts, groupings and compositions.
- Collaborate with Event Design team on product presentation needs providing display concept feedback, planograms, and product arrangement.
- Partner with the product presentation design team, events and creative concept to define the development of creative styling concepts for Pop In, Pop Up, HJ Events and retail activations.
- Remain up to date on trends in editorial, stylistic and display standards across the industry.
- Partner with Archives team as needed on special projects and exhibitions.
- Provide up to date information on new launches and product strategies with CVM teams.
- Maintain yearly product launch calendar (internal).
- Partner with Jewelry Design team on new collecting information on new collections to provide overview and inspiration for In-Store Designers
- Kick off launches / product initiatives and brief in CVM Design team on scope of work.
- Provide product samples and technical files for CVM Design team.
- Partner with Production team regarding kits and / or display orders based on new product initiatives based on store assortment size and design intent.
COMMUNICATIONS & DEVELOPMENT
- Fosters strong business relationships with cross-functional partnerships.
- Effectively manage and develop direct reports.
- Train and develop various partners on new product initiatives and the importance of display standards.
- Attend new store openings and events to train and assist local CVM partners and retail teams with current presentation standards.
- Contribute to a collaborative culture and promote an environment where others are comfortable sharing ideas and taking risks.
- Support product borrow process and compliance. Review yearly inventory counts for Internal Audit.
- Oversee photo studio maintenance (i.e. organization, layout, form and prop inventory).
- Monitor all special project set-ups, coordinate logistics and set agendas (i.e. special projects, boardroom set ups and trainings).
- 5-7 years of experience in luxury visual merchandising, visual display or related areas.
- Ability to lead a team.
- Highly organized and able to handle multiple tasks at once.
- Meticulously detail oriented and adept at design problem solving.
- Deadline-driven with a strong sense of urgency and accuracy.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Ability to present ideas and information to a group.
- Mac literate.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Proficient in Adobe Suite - InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator.
- Proactive, flexible, enthusiastic and strong interpersonal skills.
- Comfortable in a fast paced work environment.
- Able to travel for store / market visits & installations (30-45% of the time)
- Experience in luxury retail.
- Understanding of a luxury retail setting; basic knowledge of jewelry, leather goods, and gifts.
- Interest or passion for art and / or design.