Product Developer - Jersey & Knit
Who we are
A-COLD-WALL* is the material study of social architecture. Through socially conscious fabric innovation, ACW* seeks to optimize human performance and, by the same stroke, comment on the collective experience. Launched in 2015 by Samuel Ross as a response to the British social climate, ACW* instigates a cultural conversation that celebrates the energy of youth across a range of mediums. Ostensibly a creator of clothing and product, ACW* utilizes multitudinous other disciplines to inhabit the role of curator. Film, music, literature and physical exhibitions give texture through context. With the crucial discussion around class systems absorbed into the very DNA of ACW*, the brand moves into a more rational mode of creation.
Who we're looking for
A-Cold-Wall* are seeking an immediate fixed-term of freelancer Product Developer to join their London based team.
The successful candidate will be expected to work across all RTW jersey and knit product categories from design handover to delivering the collection samples. This will require strong organisational skills as well as the passion and drive to create innovative, market leading products.
This role will report to the Head of Product.
- Create and maintain tech packs and BOMs. Continuously update and maintain the BOM on Zedonk throughout the product’s lifecycle
- Work closely with the Garment Technologist to maintain consistency of quality and fit across the product range
- Ensuring all elements of construction are correct for the garment style, advising on improvements as/when needed
- Launching product to suppliers, becoming the main point of contact for all development communication
- Building and maintaining strong relationships across the supply chain
- Managing the proto sample schedule for all product, ensuring samples are delivered in time to meet all key milestones through development
- Organising fabric orders for sampling, ensuring fabric is in the factory on time as neeed
- Organising all CMT trim and material orders for sampling
- Control of trim orders and supplier allocations for SMS
- Update development trackers and make available for weekly meetings in order to ensure calendar dates and timelines are being adhered to
- Create and maintain all product information on Zedonk throughout the development process
- Prepare all SMS comments and final bulk tech packs and BOM’s before handover to production team
- Supporting on special projects, made in house, capsules and collaborations as required
- 5+ years relevant product development experience
- Solid understanding and a track record of both wholesale and eComm development cycles and critical paths
- Experience working with (ideally in) factories and a detailed understanding of manufacturing techniques.
- An excellent knowledge of garment construction methods, finishing, wash, dye and printing techniques essential
- Positive attitude and enthusiasm for fashion and creative industries
- Team player who takes initiative and can handle fast paced environment
- Ability to work under pressure and to handle multiple projects.
- Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English
- Bi-lingual (English, Italian, French, Mandarin, Portuguese) is a bonus
- A relevant design qualification to BA (Hons) standard or equivalent
- Excellent working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign) and Zedonk