Since 2005, VEJA has been creating sneakers in a different way, mixing social projects, economic justice, and ecological materials. VEJA uses Brazilian and Peruvian organic cotton for the canvas and laces, Amazonian rubber for the soles, and various innovative materials conceived in recycled plastic bottles or recycled polyester. VEJA sneakers are produced in high-standard factories in Brazil.
VEJA is looking for a Retail Operations Assistant to join our North America team. This role will work closely with the Associate Planner and retail store management team.
Retail Planning Responsibilities
• Track daily the inventory levels of retail store and retail warehouse.
• Record inbound deliveries from production, ensure information is accurate and flag discrepancies and issues to the Planner and/or Logistics.
• Prepare and communicate inventory levels including but not limited to out-of-stock styles and back in stock dates to the retail team via weekly report/recap.
• Monitor and track aged inventory and stock movements across all U.S. channels: Retail, Wholesale, eCommerce.
• Prepare the upcoming season’s buy book for retail team to reference new styles, images, pricing, and pertinent product information.
• Create price lists for upcoming selling season and communicate to retail team.
Retail Store Responsibilities
• Manage email correspondence with retail store customers as it relates to product availability, special requests, quality complaints, returns, etc.
• Act as the point person to troubleshoot in-store IT issues.
• Prepare the shipping labels for in-store purchases as requested, manage courier pick up, communicate tracking information to customer.
• Responsible for the end-to-end quality control within the retail store including but not limited to unsellable stock is transfers, cobbler services, and reintegration of stock.
• Assist the store with cycle and inventory counts as needed.
• Commitment to the VEJA project; passionate about fair-trade fashion brands.
• This is an entry level role, although prior experience in retail preferred, either via internship or sales floor.
• Familiarity with retail math and Microsoft Excel, interest in learning v-lookups and pivot tables is a must.
• Ability to work autonomously once assignments and directions are instructed.
• Ability to prioritize and multi-task effectively and maintain a positive attitude while moving between changing priorities.
• Strong organizational and follow-through skills; must pay attention to the details.
• Bachelor’s degree in business, fashion merchandising or similar area, French speaker is a plus.